Sign in to follow this  
REDMRED

lauson 5.5 shaft size n pully

REDMRED

hi i have a wh 550 with out engine, I found what looks exactly like a h55d 2113, except it has no electric start . Now if it is identical what should be the shaft size and pully type? where could i get this pully, one last question , can i eventually convert this engine to a electric start.

TT

Shaft size should be 3/4".

The 2 pulleys were 2

Michael Bullington

TT is right on the money!!! some engines dont have the holes for the starter,,,also the shrould needs a cone for the starter,,,then if you want a charging sytem thats a whole nother chapter...

let us know

sorekiwi

hi i have a wh 550 with out engine, I found what looks exactly like a h55d 2113, except it has no electric start . Now if it is identical what should be the shaft size and pully type? where could i get this pully, one last question , can i eventually convert this engine to a electric start.

My 502 has an H55 (recoil start) on it. The block has the holes for the starter on it. To convert to electric start you would need a starter, flywheel with a ring gear, and a fan housing with provision for the starter. Then you'd need all the charging system stuff too.

Maybe H60 stuff would fit on the H55? A lot of parts will interchange...

FWIW the crank size on mine is 1". (Front engined tractor with the 3 V PTO pulley.

TT

Is your engine an HT55C, Mike?

sorekiwi

Is your engine an HT55C, Mike?

Just went and got the numbers. Wish I hadnt now.... :hide:

HT 55A 3088 P 11K23.

Looks like its a mongrel, huh. That might explain the bolt on exhaust manifold as well.

IMG_1754.jpg

The HT55C's had a 3/4 shaft?

TT

I'm guessing that the HT's are heavier than the H's. (like the H vs. HM Tecumseh equivalents)

My 32E Lawn Ranger has an HT55C 3089 P with a 1" crankshaft and the 3 groove pulley - just like the 552 tractors used. (which makes sense because the 1962 Lawn Rangers are basically 502/552 models with small wheels & tires and different toolbox/fenders.)

32En400009.jpg

I'm pretty sure the H55B & D's (used on the 550 & 551 models) had a 3/4" crankshafts.

Michael Bullington

Yes TT I would say you are correct...I had a H55A off a 550 once that had the 3/4 shaft :hide:

REDMRED

Thanks for info, im picn engine up tommorow. Im gonna post pics. also did any 5.5 lausons come with a 1inch shaft