schmiermaxe

New Member from Westerwald/Germany

schmiermaxe

Hi to all of the Wheel Horse - Customers. But at first: If there is something wrong with my text, please forgive me. My school-english is many years old and i´m not using it untill tis time !

Some of Toro Mowers had cross my way in the last 30 years and lots of them are still on my own.

The last one is an Groundsmaster 72 with an 4-cylinder Renault engine, but i had to fix many things on this machine. Today, It´s not running but i hope in the nearest future.

My newest purchase is an WHEEL HORSE C-120 8 Speed in mediocre condition. With a kohler K301 engine, but its not the original.

It runs, i work with, but after 2 or 3 ours the motor has damaged. Maybe the piston or something else. Theres no connection between the piston and the crankshaft.

Now the motor had to be restored and the search from parts begins. Hopefully, maybe some of the dealers in USA can ship some parts to Europe ?

Thats enough for the first introducion, i think.

Best regards from the Westerwald,

Peter

iphone 20160521 558.JPG

• Like 6

nylyon

Peter, your English is just fine, and welcome to RedSquare.  There have been a number of times when the members here in the US have packaged up parts and sent them to Europe, including whole tractors so I am certain you will find the help you need.

JC 1965

Hello Peter and    :WRS:

AMC RULES

:text-coolphotos:        :greetings-wavingyellow:

:WRS:

rmaynard

:WRS: Glad to have you aboard.

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

KC9KAS

ACman

:WRS: just send us an:confusion-helpsos: when you need :help: . Maybe try a reporwer with one of those great German Diesel engines . 

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the:rs: Peter.         Your "school English" is better than most  Americans.  

In the North East we drive our caaws and in the South we put straangs on our  fiddles.    Go figger....:confusion-seeingstars:

BTW, I worked in Heidenheim  for Voith  several years ago... is that close to Langendembach?

Edited by Ed Kennell

roadapples

:WRS:

DougC

Hello and :text-welcomeconfetti: Peter. Enjoy the forum. Your English is great! Don't ask me to try and use my high school German.....:lol:

Digger 66
Schön, dass Sie auf dem Roten Platz

elcamino/wheelhorse

Welcome to Red Square . It is nice to know that Wheel Horse tractors are located in so many different countries. Again Welcome.

hans813116964

Hello everybody, welcome Peter and many greetings from central Germany MFG Andre:auto-sportbike:

Hallo zusammen , Willkommen Peter, und viele Grüße aus Mitteldeutschland  MFG Andre

schmiermaxe

OMG, what a lot of kompliments ! I´m surprised !

I thought, after the 2.ww all germans were hated in the USA.

But  so many cute answers make me happy.

@ ACman: Sorry, but my C-120 must be original as possible, no diesel engine :(

@ Ed Kennell: No, heidenheim is far away from me, about 200 miles. Nice collection !

@ DougC: Hahaha, that´s funny ! Don´t try it if you don´t need it !

@ elcamino/ : You´re welcome ! Since i was a boy at work with a Toro Guardian21, my fascination get´s bigger for the US Mowers.

@ hans813116964: Na sowas, noch ein Germane im Red Square Forum ! Danke für die Grüße.

Best regards,, Peter

• Like 2

C-101plowerpower

welcome aboard, do i spot a fahr in your avatar?

roadapples
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:37 AM, schmiermaxe said:

OMG, what a lot of kompliments ! I´m surprised !

I thought, after the 2.ww all germans were hated in the USA.

No one holds that against the German people, only the leaders of that time. My ancestors came from Germany many generations ago. welcome aboard...

schmiermaxe
On 31.5.2016 at 9:15 PM, C-101plowerpower said:

welcome aboard, do i spot a fahr in your avatar?

Yes there are my two Fahr, a "D17" with "Güldner" Engine watercooled and 17 HP.

And the little "KT 10 D" with "Sachs" Engine and 10 HP.

When the Wheel Horse runs again, i´ll take a photo for the avatar !

Maybe only the Bearings are gone, i have to disassemble the Kohler.

Terry M

Welcome Peter:)

wheeledhorseman

Welcome to RS Peter. I think that you will discover quickly that it's a great forum -  IT ROCKS! There are quite a few Euro members on the forum - I'm in the UK.

That's a great tractor and well worth the time and effort to repair and get it working again. My first WH project was a C-120 Auto about five years ago and I'm still using it pretty much every week! You will find all of the advice and support you need here.

I'll second what has been said about history and the German people. There are a lot of Germans working here in the UK along with people from all over Europe and all corners of the world. 

Andy

cheesegrader

Guten Tag, Peter!

My wife went to High School in Giesen, and I spent a few years at Landstuhl and Ramstein.

Lots of Americans spend time at the big miitary bases in Rheinland Pfalz.  I wonder if one of them hauled that C-120 over in their household goods?

C-120's are solid, durable and reliable tractors.  Well worth the effort to rebuild.

Good Luck.

T-Mo

Guten Tag, Peter.

I was stationed in Fulda, Germany back in the early '80s.  I enjoyed my two years there.  I didn't see any Wheel Horses there, but then, I wasn't really looking.