WHX??

Attachments Worth

WHX??

So this guy has got this on CL real local. & wants 650 for all whichI think is a real good deal. Trouble is I just want/need the Brinley and he does NOT want to split the set up. My question is whats the plow worth  & if I buy the whole set can I get some of my money back by selling the rest? Gonna go look at it next week if it's still there. We kind of pre agreed on 175 for just the plow if he's willing to split. If it makes any difference this was all on a 416. If I knew I could sell the rest at the BS I would let it go to members for dirt just to keep the plow

Heres the CL write up

FOR SALE: A group of 4 attachments for Wheelhorse classic style tractors(300,400,early 500 series)
Will fit many earlier models as well.

Includes a complete snowblower; a complete rear mount rototiller; a 42" rear discharge mower deck; and a 1 bottom brinley plow/sleeve hitch. All in very usable condition. Prefer to sell as an entire group. Calls only please. Asking $750 for all. Contact Chuck @ 920-293-4015. Thank you. (Sorry but I'm keeping the tractor! )
* PRICE REDUCED to $650 for all four pieces.

And the pic

00S0S_4vUVqncXbBe_600x450.jpg

01212_9EOWwTs6fij_600x450.jpg

Edited by WHX61/3
Typo
  • Like 3

stevasaurus

OK Jim...the blower is worth $250/300...the tiller is worth $350...the deck is about $150 if all is good...the Brinley is going for about $125 to 150.  You need to make sure all the parts are there for those attachments.  They look great in the pictures, but are all the bearings good??  Still a good price in my opinion...just looking at it all.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

squonk

Cents the hitch is on the plow, 175 is a good price for the plow. Those decks are going for $250-$300 around here. $350 is good for the tiller, and the blower depends on if a big snowstorm just hit! :)

• Like 5

Racinbob

Jim, I would grab that up in a heartbeat. The blower and tiller are worth that and I'll be looking for both soon. Looking for a blower in Florida you question? We'll be back home again in Indiana soon. Didn't Gomer sing something about that? :)

• Like 4

KC9KAS

I just replaced a bad (center) spindle on a 42" deck for another fellow last week, and the spindle assembly and double pulley was $200!

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I think the price for all is a good deal, if you can afford the $650.00. You could part out the other pieces and end up with a cheap plow. From the picture looks like he is letting the mule go also.:twocents-02cents:

• Like 3

WHX??

See now you guys are thinkin along the same lines as me.....I'm on it...speak up if you want dibs cause the rest is gonna go cheap to a card carrying member.  Let me check out those bearings and get back to ya. This is a real nice guy who had a well kept Kubota Sub Compact I was in love with  but the timing was off but I bet his other red stuff was taken care of also.

Bob even tho you have roots in IN you should move to WI....I can set ya up in a nice condo, do some horse thievin....oh right that's just geography...

By the way El Cam I take offense to "parts out" when it comes to :wh: I like the term "save" better...:ychain:

By the way in being honest I did tell him he was asking not enough but the market for this stuff is thin around here. He did know about the BS tho??

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Save is a better term, I think the market down here could command better pricing , but a snow blower in Richmond would last two life times. Of course down here it is hard to find stuff unless you are looking at listings every day. When something comes up for sale it usually moves fast unless the seller is nuts and asking three prices for a bucket of rust.

• Like 3

Racinbob

I do have family in Oshkosh Jim. Use to visit several times a year. I really like the state. :)

• Like 1

WHX??

Understood El....Ooh ...Oshburg we call it ....my favorite city, worked there for many years.... they got a really nice farm & barn store ther... bout 45 min from here. :lol:

• Like 1

roadapples

I don`t think I`d wait too long. Good luck...

• Like 1

WHX??

No worries Apples. .like I said not a big market for that stuff around here....green stuff ..that's a different matter...:lol:

No worries Apples. .like I said not a big market for that stuff around here....green stuff ..that's a different matter...:lol:

My bad tho... he doesn't want to split it up.

Dang double posts.. my bad again 

• Like 2

roadapples

If you`ve got the money to invest you will probably make out better if he doesn`t split it up...

• Like 2

mabsoon

And you could bring that lovely tiller down to NWI and go home with. Not so lovely (looking) tiller :)

WHX??

So go to see this (real decent) guy &  everything looked to be all there for everything mule drives, belts, mounts. Deck was in decent shape, not rusted at all & no holes but would need a new blade belt and some cleaning & other TLC.Spindles & bearings & blades looked  good. He had robbed the rear wheels off it tho for another deck.. Tiller was in decent shape & everything there but the lift assist spring and mid mule tension spring. Blower on the other hand has some issues.. One of the drive idlers was shot and the guy claimed it fell off a fork lift and bent the side plate in hitting the auger and binding it up so I couldnt check the auger bearings real good or the chain idlers & drive shaft bearings. Not a real job to straighten the side or wing. My bet is the idlers & maybe the chain are going to need to be replaced.  It had the usual short chute cable problems as well. Everything was there for it tho lift bar & flag,  mount & springs. Brinley was like new.

@oliver2-44 has an interest in the tiller but Fastenal wants 135 to get it to him.

My values on it are tiller-$250.00, deck - $250, blower - $100 (maybe less)  & Brinley $175 cause it does have the hitch. The blower would be a gamble, auger edges looked to be in good shape but can't tell if it's bent becuse of it's accident.

I don't think the guy is going to move it anytime soon unless he separates it  so I asked him what he's  going to do do with it if he can't sell it and he says get another horse to put it on! Then proceeds to tell me about a guy down the road with two nice 520's that are going to out live the owner! Apparently he had this all on a 416-8 that suffered the frame break by the transmission problem :deadhorse:. He says he' gotta a guy interested in just the  tiller but is on the fence about separating in. I told him if he does I would give 175 for the Brinley and left it at that. Couldn't get decent pics as it was all in a pile in his shop. but here's what I got.

20160523_123923.jpg

20160523_124131.jpg

20160523_124250.jpg

• Like 2