db fan

312-8

db fan

I have a chance to buy a 312-8.will it pull a 10" Brinley plow and can you get a sleeve hitch for the 312?

MalMac

I have done it with a 12 hp and did just fine. It also matters what kind of soil your in and traction and yes you can get a sleeve hitch.

953 nut

:WRS:   A 312-8 is very capable of pulling a 10" plow and the sleeve hitch from any 1963 or later :wh: will fit. there is a cable assembly that runs from the rocker shaft back to the sleeve hitch that will be needed too. The hitch can be found on :techie-ebay: and a vendor on this site, @wheelhorseman1000 can probably fix you up with the cable. He also makes hitches, so check out his vendor page.

• Like 3

db fan

thank you.one more question.the tractor i'm looking at starts and mows they want $450 for it.is that an ok price?

Tankman

I've turned earth with 8 hp.

Slowly and front weights are a must!

Made a front bumper and hung suitcase weights on it. :handgestures-thumbupright:

953 nut
2 minutes ago, db fan said:

starts and mows they want $450 for it.is that an ok price?

No, that isn't an OK price; That is a great price! It never hurts to make a lower offer, but I wouldn't take $450 for my 312-8 and it had been through hell before I got it and all I've done is regular maintenance for the past ten years.

• Like 2

squonk

It will pull it. The hardest part is getting the plow back out of the ground! :)

• Like 1

db fan

thanks yall for the info

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jayzauto
      By Jayzauto
      GMorning Gang,
             Last year I had purchased an old C175 with blown engine and all the attachments the owner had with it, including the FEL.  He gave me everything he had, or thought he had.  It was quite a pile, requiring 2 trips.  Of course, in the heat of the moment, it appeared everything was there, except belts for the most part.  He even had most of the original documentation.  Now I know what your thinking, and you'd be correct...... everything was Not there. And as we all know, it's the little things that hold up the project AND seem to cost the most money.... mot to mention the heartache.  But, I did find an engine, got the tiller installed and working, the plow mounted, the deck running.  Now for the Big hit..... The FEL.  I do seem to have most of it.... The bucket and arms assembly, lower frame, weight box. weights, chains and even the pump , with brackets that was still mounted to the blown engine.  The show stopper here is what is called the "Front Mount Assembly".  It mounts to the front of the frame, and the stabilizer arms to the posts attach to it.  It also has a couple of hose brackets that hold the hydraulic hoses from flopping around.  I did look around, and none appear to be available...Big Giant Surprise.  I can't imagine anyone parting it out, even IF they knew what it was.   But I pretend to be a welder and have Fab skills,
      (Sorry, that should have read Fab Equipment), So I'm sure I could Hack one together if I had measurements.  The grainy B&W photo in the manuals make it look very simple (Hahahahahaahahahah).....Anyways, is there anyone that would be willing to take a couple color shots And Measurements of their "Front Mount Assembly"?
      Or rough estimates, then I can Make up something clos, and tweak it after its installed.

It appears to be the Ark style Loader, with the catalog number of 97-40FL-01.   The actual part number of the bracket is: WheelHorse 260932 (part #36 in the pix)

Again, it looks like it attaches to the front of both Frame rails and loops around the front.  It attaches with 4) 3/8" bolts and would have the hoses attached to it.  It looks like it loops close to the front of the frame, meaning the mule drive would have to be removed, maybe even the Attach-A-Matic front bracket too.  And its job is to give the Brace Arms a place to attach to.

Wish I had more info to give,  
      Can anybody help me out?

Thanx in advance,  Have a Great weekend
      Jay
      I'll accept any form of communication, Calls, Texts, Emails

• Blackhood Bill
      By Blackhood Bill
      Ok folks first of for those who have helped me "THANK YOU", But here we go again. I inherited my father's C-145A and I have apiece of equipment I need to Identify. It does have a Wheel Horse sticker on the rear left side while facing the rear. Looking for what it is, model, what it's used for, how it's used and any manual someone might have for it. Don't think I would ever use it, might restore it back to the Wheel Horse red( provided it was red originally) which is a good question, what was it originally. Please see the photos. Does this piece look complete? I think it is a disc but I'm not sure. Thanks again!!!!!!!!

• tristan watson
      By tristan watson
      I'm looking for some help I'm wanting to fab a mid mount grader for my '73 10 automatic but I'm looking for someone who has one to measure it i have been looking online for the last few days and can't seem to find anything so if anyone know what the measurements might be or a webste where i might find anything i would really appreciate any help i can get on this thanks.
    • 608KEB
      By 608KEB
      I gave my 12 up case hydrostatic  to a friend. He bought a case 48" snowthrower. I was wondering where I could find a  manual for the snowthrower and the tractor. He needs to know what kind and how long of belt he needs for the snowthrower. 
    • Paps518h
      By Paps518h
      Hey I've got my grandads old 518h I want to do a full restore but I need a deck and someone that knows how to put it on lol,......first post,first horse