19richie66

Hub question

19richie66

I had (I believe) a B80 that I parted. It was rough. It had a Kohler on it mounted to a plate but not a shaker plate. The trans was not a high/low. The tractor had cast iron hubs on it but the center raised portion was smaller than regular hubs. The rear tires / wheels are 10" instead of 12". I tried to get them off but one shattered and I need a pair of these so I can use them on my lawn ranger. What hubs would I look for as I didnt have a model number on the tractor. It was gone. Hubs looked like the ones in the picture except smaller center raised area. Thanks, Richie

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Racinbob

Are you saying the center section is smaller in diameter? I think you're talking about a Commando 800. They had 10" rears. The B-80's had 12". What baffles me is that I restored a Commando 800 for my grandson and I don't recall that difference. I did put 12" rears on it off a B-80 and the center hole is tight. I don't remember changing the hubs but maybe I did. :wacko:

• Like 1

19richie66

Ill try and get some actual pictures when I get home if its not pouring down rain when I get there. The 10" wheels will not fit over the center of a regular hub. 12" wheels will go on them but there is a gap between the wheel center and hub center

• Like 1

Racinbob

I'll bet I swapped them out but just don't remember. If you don't find them they would likely have them at the show.

stevasaurus

I think I got it figured out Rich.  In 1974 they made 2 B-80s.  Model # 1-0140 and # 1-0145.  Some of my paperwork shows both having the 5084 transmission, but the manual shows one having a 5080 and the other having a 5084.  Your had the 5080 4 speed with 10" rear wheels.  Check out page 6 of this link...go down to the tires.

• Like 1

19richie66

I just want to put them on the lawn ranger so it will have some little fatties in the back instead of those pizza cutter tires that are on it. 

Thanks Steve and Bob! I thought I was crazy.

Racinbob

Is there a part number on the broken hub?

19richie66

Ill check when i get home. Here is a picture of the wheel. Pretty much same tractor just wasnt that nice.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Racinbob

That might help in the search. Commando 800's were pretty common so there's got to be some floating around.:)

• Like 1

19richie66

Hey Bob, part numbers 4996 or 6465. I think thats it.

Racinbob

Richie, 4996 is a common hub used with the 12" wheels. The center raised area is 3.125" in diameter. I was thinking that you were saying that the 10" wheels won't fit that hub.

• Like 1

19richie66

2-1/2" 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Racinbob

Ok, you need a set of hubs to fit a wheel with a 2.5" center hole. That hub isn't a 4996. Is there a part number on that one? :)

racinfool40

I am pretty sure I have 2 sets....I will double check in the morning and let ya know...

• Like 1

19richie66

Part number I came up with is toro# 100174

• Like 1

Racinbob

We did find that number. It sounds like Mike can fix you up. If the wait isn't a problem and he can get it to the show the shipping can be avoided.

racinfool40

PM sent...I do have a couple sets. And I wont be making the Big show this year.