Sign in to follow this  
zieg72

Snowblower chute height

zieg72

I have an older single stage snowblower on my 520H I just went and played with for the first time. The bottom section is loose from the swivel which I just need to tack weld back on. I would like to have the snow being directed a bit better and am wondering if I should add an extension and make it like the newer ones or should I just leave it alone because it is a single stage?

Attached Image

post-4-1229551271.jpg

TT

I just changed my 1986 thrower over from the short chute with cable to the newer tall chute with the worm gear (:D to Eldon for supplying the parts!)

If you're lucky enough to find a trashed blower with the tall chute, it's only a matter of 6 or 8 bolts out, and 4 bolts back in to perform the swap. :hide:

You can possibly buy the required pieces from Toro, but it would probably be cheaper to buy a used tall chute thrower. :hide:

I haven't used mine yet, but at least it LOOKS like it will work great!

WHmisc024.jpg

zieg72

That's the ticket, let me know how you like it. Is the first section solid round or is it open the way the short chute is? You lucked out on your find.

zieg72

I looked closer, I can see it is open on the bottom.

TT

I'm REALLY hoping that I WON'T need to use it, but I am curious to see if there's any measurable difference.

I was really just trying to get away from the rotator cable, and now I have thought about replacing the crank assembly with a power window motor. (turn the chute at the flip of a switch, ya know? :hide: )

bdanie7

Are those genuine horse blankets in the back ground? :hide:

I had to ask before someone else did.

zieg72

I had a ball using mine. I need to extend the hand crank a bit. I have to unzip and stick my hand out of the shelter.

TT

Are those genuine horse blankets in the back ground? :hide:

I had to ask before someone else did.

Not technically, but used bedsheets are MUCH cheaper than a genuine WH tractor cover. :hide:

Would it help if I tell you that the shop was originally a real horse barn? :D