Sign in to follow this  
mnWHfan

2013 Le Sueur Pioneer Power Show

mnWHfan

It was a good time seeing you guys at the show again this year.  I wish that I could have stayed longer, but after the State Fair on Thursday and two days at the show I was wiped.  It was nice to meet you Martin, Jennine (not sure of the spelling), Kirk, Tom, and Mike and I hope to see you guys again next year.

Now for a prairie dog moment.  I'm disappointed that I can't make it to golf this year, but with the weather report it is probably okay.  The Beat Master won't have to come up with reasons that he lost this year.  Ha Ha.  Count me in for next year though.

Dennis

• Like 3

prondzy

Where did your dad go? It was a great show this year met a lot of new people. I'm already counting down til next year. Did you know you can't hit a golf ball by a flickering light?

• Like 2

CasualObserver

gopher.gif

Great show again this year.  The weather was great for the most part... could have done with a little less of the heat.  Had quite a few forum members show up this year, was nice to put some faces with names.  Thanks to them and their families for making the trip!  We had a great turnout with some of the best participation yet!   I never got a final count, but I think we had around 50 Wheel Horses, as well as about a dozen off-brands this year.

Like Mike, I'm already looking forward to next year, but even better, I'm looking forward to Jacksonville in a few weeks.  There are a few of us MN guys planning to make the trip.  Hope to see you there!

I took almost no pictures this year, but had to make sure I got this one!!

Steve_on_Bantam.jpg

• Like 6

squonk

gopher.gif

Great show again this year.  The weather was great for the most part... could have done with a little less of the heat.  Had quite a few forum members show up this year, was nice to put some faces with names.  Thanks to them and their families for making the trip!  We had a great turnout with some of the best participation yet!   I never got a final count, but I think we had around 50 Wheel Horses, as well as about a dozen off-brands this year.

Like Mike, I'm already looking forward to next year, but even better, I'm looking forward to Jacksonville in a few weeks.  There are a few of us MN guys planning to make the trip.  Hope to see you there!

I took almost no pictures this year, but had to make sure I got this one!!

Steve_on_Bantam.jpg

Circus Bear on a tricycle!! :) I knew it was coming! :thumbs: Steve's lookin slick! :happy-jumpeveryone:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

Martin

first time for us in mn and gotta say, very nice show.......

even with the dust and the primitive camping, this was one of the nicest weekends ive had. cant say jeanine feels the same way (she wasn't too happy with the camping), but we will probably still do the same next year, maybe bring a portable shower..... :hide:

she really enjoyed the show though, the social atmosphere (especially around the fire) and kent was one happy guy on his tractor most of the time...

i only have a few pics of the weekend, and they will follow. great to meet some of the mn guys and catch up with some other redsquare members. we had some really nice wheel horses on display and some i hadn't had the pleasure to see yet. ive also got to make a special mention about denny's 701, what an awesome job you did on this one!!!

anyway heres my limited pics, i think steve took some more of all of us in the parade, hopefully he will make up for the lack of pics. its just so easy getting sidetracked at these shows, talking and looking, but no picture taking!!!!! 

post-4321-0-81186300-1377552489_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-09310100-1377552510_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-85898300-1377552530_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-59604700-1377552594_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-76822400-1377552623_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-64340400-1377552644_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-87013700-1377552670_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-06770800-1377552694_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Jake Kuhn

Looks like it was a great show. I saw Denny today and got to check out the 701...it is amazing!

squonk

Awesome pics Martin. That trike is the bomb! Any idea what the mower in the center of the first pic is?

Shynon

Had a great weekend and golf Monday was  HOT!!! Here's the pictures I took. Had the opportunity to meet a lot of people. I will not put names on pics as I am not good with names.  Squonk the mower in the middle of the first picture is my Porter Cable, currently not running hope to run next year. First picture is on Friday, we had many more Horses show up on Saturday, Martin you are correct too much to see and talk about forgetting camera. All other pictures of the tractor parade. Enjoy

IMG_5045_zpsf9d36f0f.jpgIMG_5051_zps8feeaa13.jpgIMG_5052_zpscde8a013.jpgIMG_5053_zpsa062e47c.jpgIMG_5055_zpsd3deb0af.jpgIMG_5056_zps93f68fd4.jpgIMG_5058_zps6b9744b0.jpgIMG_5059_zps89b0b741.jpgIMG_5060_zps511f6ba6.jpgIMG_5061_zps21fa18e3.jpgIMG_5062_zps3aaeccbb.jpg

• Like 6

dclarke

Just got home from the show, I have to say one of the best shows I've been to. We had a pretty good turnout of horses and I got to meet several members for the first time. Lots of cool stuff there, here's a few pics.

002_zpsc18de710.jpg

003_zps102d7cde.jpg

005_zps332f7507.jpg

006_zps7ab31533.jpg

007_zps21c130f6.jpg

008_zpsc258fc94.jpg

009_zps9e828530.jpg

The mayor of Le Sueur was there.
011_zpscd5064ed.jpg

013_zpsa56eb4db.jpg

014_zps2b868e04.jpg

JoeBob's reel mowers.
017_zps9dae1b35.jpg

They're mounted on a pretty nice tractor too!
019_zps28cd3e69.jpg

JoeBob and Martin lookin over some of the horses.
021_zps7897ac9c.jpg

Kent's 875, one of my favorites.
023_zpsb2c2f02e.jpg

TerryM's son Andrew's Ranger
018_zpsb886b4fc.jpg

028_zps81e8f7dc.jpg

• Like 7

stevasaurus

The trip was excellent, the show was great, the food was fantastic, and the camp fire was out of this world...I left at 4:00 AM that night.  I did catch a video of the guys and gals in the parade...I was sitting with an 81 year old farmer that I had just met at the show (LeRoy)...one of my favorites.  The video is the only shots I got of the horses, the rest are pictures of my personal favorites (Allis Chalmers and Minn/Moline).  The video first...just click on the picture...sorry about my laughter. :)

th_2012_0826LeSueur20130008_zps4f72b034.

2012_0826LeSueur20130007_zpsc4d3a653.jpg

2012_0826LeSueur20130001_zps9459387c.jpg

2012_0826LeSueur20130003_zps8dff2fa3.jpg

2012_0826LeSueur20130004_zpscef9d1bf.jpg

2012_0826LeSueur20130005_zps10594b2d.jpg

2012_0826LeSueur20130006_zpscb472117.jpg

2012_0826LeSueur20130002_zps22b60cb4.jpg

BTW...the golf was excellent also...JoeBob won this year. :bow-blue::) :) :) Shynon had him on the ropes until the last 2 holes.  Me...I was having a prairie dog moment most of the day....actually...most of the weekend.  Every time I putted, this little critter would pop out of the hole and push my ball out of the way, and he would grab Joes putt and pull it in.  We missed Dennis out there this year.  We only did 9 holes because of the 100 degree heat.  The 19th hole was the best. :woohoo:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 3

AMC RULES

The mayor of Le Saur    :ROTF:

:handgestures-thumbsup:  Nice picts everyone.   :thanks:  

• Like 2

CasualObserver

Thanks Steve!  Always good to see you again.

I dug through the phone and forgot I took this pic and video Sunday morning.  We were spreading out to fill in some of the holes left by the folks who packed up Saturday night.  Joebob fired up the 754 and a few of us took turns trying out the gang mowers in an open field.  Pretty neat attachment to run!

Here's a shot of Mike (prondzy)
20130825_074735.jpg

And a quick vid of it running...

• Like 2

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:   Thanks for sharing the show with us.  :text-goodpost: 

:USA: 

squonk

The mayor of Le Saur    :ROTF:

:handgestures-thumbsup:  Nice picts everyone.   :thanks:  

could you imagine the board meetings!

KC9KAS

The photo of the trike and Radio Flyer wagon....

Was that fold-up chairs in the wagon? If so, that was a very large wagon...and tricycle!

Thanks for all the pictures!

Martin

the trike and wagon were large. wish i got a pic of the guy riding around on it. he actually looked small in the seat. sort of like a young kid maybe 3 or 4 in a normal kids size trike proportions......

yes, they are chairs in the wagon and i think the wheels were your garden variety 14 or 15 inch trailer wheels.......

you can see where the engine is in the pics and that should help with how big it was as well.....

Edited by Martin

dclarke

Here's a few more pics of the trike. It's definitely an attention getter.

040_zps27cb6c64.jpg

042_zpsfa3ec280.jpg

041_zpse1228781.jpg

CasualObserver

Here's a vid I took two years ago when he first brought the wagon.  He'd been there with just the trike before that.

• Like 2