hondagod64

Fel Ark Loader Pump mounting

hondagod64

GOOD MORNING...I NEED SOME HELP ON THE PROPER MOUNTING OF THE PUMP TO THE ENGINE FOR A WHEELHORSE ARK LOADER. I HAVE A 79 C-121-8 WHEELHORSE TRACTOR THAT I BOUGHT SEVERAL YEARS AGO WITH A ARK FRONT LOADER THAT WAS SEPERATED WHEN PURCHASED. I FINALLY GOT TO RE-ASSEMBLE STAGE TO MOUNT BACK TOGETHGER AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS PICTURES SHOWING HOW THE PUMP ASSEMBLY GETS MOUNTED BACK ON THE SIDE OF THE MOTOR. I HAVE THE ALL BRACKETS FOR THE MOTOR AND THE 1 BRACKET IS STILL ATTACHED TO THE PUMP. THE NUMBERS ON THE TRACTOR ARE 91-12K802 AND THE LOADER IS 97-40FLO1. 

MalMac

Did you ever get it figured out? If not I have some pics on another computer I can try and post for you.

hondagod64
56 minutes ago, MalMac said:

Did you ever get it figured out? If not I have some pics on another computer I can try and post for you.

Yes and no...I have the one bracket attached to the motor which holds the pump but don't know what this short bracket mounts to too...maybe 4-5 inches long....any pics for this mounting would be great....just want to have it right so I don't have any issues

wallfish

the front pump is the factory Ark FEL pump.

pump.jpg

MalMac

Ok I went to get the pics off the computer but for  some reason it will not let me open them. I have to get some other pics for you. Don't know if it will be today or not. Busy time here on the farm. I have to go to where the loader is at. 

MalMac

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

hondagod64

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....perfect pictures....Now I know how this gets mounted.....I feel like a dummy after seeing these pics....I thank you so much for doing this for me and also taking the time out of your busy day....Thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

MalMac

My pleasure, need anymore help just ask. Someone on here will have a answer. 

• Like 1

hondagod64
18 hours ago, MalMac said:

My pleasure, need anymore help just ask. Someone on here will have a answer. 

This weekend I should have this pump mounted....I would like to ask you one question on fluid for this unit...I have read people using motor oil?...I would think hydro oil would be best...what would you suggest or what are you using in your loader may I ask...  

wallfish

They came with motor oil from the factory but assuming yours is empty, I think hydraulic oil would be better. (Although mine still has motor oil in it and it hasn't had any issues.)

Hydraulic oil is designed to dissipate the air quicker so that's a big advantage. Air bubbles in the system will compress under load and cause it to bounce.

MalMac

The Ark loader requires 10-30 or 10-40 motor oil. Make sure you have all cylinders retracted when filling.

• Like 1