Furious

1277 or Electro 12

Furious

First Wheel Horse...a 1277. Picked it up for $400 with the plow. The guy couldn't get it to keep running after squirting starting fluid in the carb. Took her home, cleaned the carb, took the flywheel off and cleaned the magneto, put in a new set of points and she runs like a dream.  Now I have a dilemma though. I can pick up an Electro 12 for $350, but the engine isn't running and the electrical system has been completely messed up. The tractor itself is in good shape and comes with a deck. Seem like a good price?  Any thoughts? I can only keep one, so if I get the electro, I'll build one good tractor out of two. Here's some pics of the 1277. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

daveoman1966

You've been BITTEN !.  (That's a good thing.)  You absolutely must have two....or more, as the infection (affection) progresses.     

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

I'd keep them both.These tractors are like 40 years old.When one is down for repairs,you have a spare to use.Plus ..............this is an absolutely GREAT hobby.Keeps you out of trouble.Well,almost.

• Like 1

953 nut
5 hours ago, Furious said:

I can only keep one

:confusion-confused: Why?   I don't think the Electro offers anything that the 1277 can't match. The 1277 you have is in great shape and you would be doing a lot of work for no real gain by swapping parts to the Electro. If in fact, you can only keep one I think I would stick with what you have. However, if you are becoming addicted to :wh: then make room for #2.

• Like 1

TDF5G

:text-yeahthat:

You can't have just one!  

Ken B

I'd hesitate on buying any tractor with a hydro that I can't test drive before buying it... Besides, you did get lucky in that the 1277 turned out to be a good runner, you might not get lucky again.. 350 is a bit high for a non running Electro 12 with butched wiriing IMO..

• Like 1