bds1984

Super C... aka C195

bds1984

I'm going to look at a C195 tomorrow after work and I'm looking for some helpful hints on what to look for as this machine is completely out of my wheel house.  What is the Achilles heel of them?  This machine has about 1000 hours on it and comes with a 60" deck.  Does the KT19 have any similar issues with cooling like its successor the P220 Onan in the 520H?  I do know that attachments are a little more difficult to come by, but, I plan only using this to mow and modifying my 520's plow to fit it.  Any tips from our Super C owners? 

• Like 1

Aldon

I think the only issue I recall is front bearings are hard to locate if they fail.

The motor did not seem to have any issue like the Onan. 

kthack657

we have a 195 and it is a great machine, Aldon is right the front bearings are hard to find, but not impossible, ours had 2 bad bearings, and Jimt1971 (my hubbie) found them on ebay after watching it for a few days.  but I can say that the early JD wheels fit but you would need a spacer.

• Like 3

ronwh

bds1984,

If the hydraulics controls are down low on finder pan it is a 1982, if up high on finder pan it is a 1984, they made 502 1982's and only about 50 of the 1984. The biggest problem with the C-195's is they came with a KT-19 series I engine which only has about 5 lbs of oil pressure.  They will last a long time if ran on level ground not so long if used in hill country.  If it has a 3pt hitch that alone is worth about 300.00.  Good luck, I like mine.

Thanks Ron

• Like 4

Pollack Pete

Like the others have said,front wheel bearing availability.I also found some on E-bay.Keep them greased.They'll last forever.I don't like the plastic fender pan,but I don't like any of the plastic fenders.I have three C-195's.One has a 3 point hitch.I can't believe the power these tractors have.Good luck with your possible purchase.Let us know how you make out.And.....pictures,of course.

• Like 1

bds1984

Well, I brought her home with me.  I have to say, this thing feels big next to my C165 and 520H!  And neither of those are exactly small!  The bad: it doesn't turn very sharp (not a surprise), it needs a new PTO belt and a PTO side oil seal, lastly, the parking brake doesn't engage very easily (all minor issues).  The good:  It starts and runs pretty darn good, the 60" deck is super quiet, new high back seat, and the whole machine is straight and clean; even the rear fender is complete!  Man does this engine sound incredible when idling!!!

20160518_204203.jpg

• Like 8

stevebo

That is a good looking super C. It is a 1984

AMC RULES

They are nice :wh: machines.

:handgestures-thumbsup: Congrats. 

Pollack Pete

Nice.......real nice Super C.Looks much better than 2 of mine.Have fun with your new toy.

Racinbob

Wow! That sure looks clean. Nice score. :)

wh500special

It looks bigger than that little Fiesta behind it.

With that car in the background and the Euro-style plate, you could pass that photo off as being from across the Atlantic.

Steve

bds1984
1 hour ago, wh500special said:

It looks bigger than that little Fiesta behind it.

With that car in the background and the Euro-style plate, you could pass that photo off as being from across the Atlantic.

Steve

I probably could, Steve.  When I was in Finland a few years ago out in the countryside, I saw plenty of Fiestas and small tractors like ours doing garden-work and chores like mine do.  Occasionally I saw a Grand Marquis so this picture could definitely pass as being over seas!  Now only if I had a Lada....  oh wait....