behoof

Won't Crank - Safety device?

behoof

I have a c-161 Automatic and just put an electric fuel pump on it and dropped the deck to sharpen the blades. Also had to overhaul the card as the needle and seat didn't like the electric fuel pump.

I've only had this unit since last Fall and did some clutch repairs and misc other stuff then.

My question is: After dropping the deck, replacing the fuel line all the way back (pulled seat and fender set), new battery, and other than what I've mentioned done nothing more to the tractor but now it won't crank. 

Test light shows good power at the key switch when turned to start position but nothing at the solenoid. Jumped solenoid and starts right up.

I don't want to cut into the harness or by pass any safety devices if I don't have to to use my Wheel Horse.

Is there some safety lock out or something on these tractors that I may have moved or not being aware of it, perhaps damages a switch or something?

Any help or pointers will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance for reading this,

Behoof

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

Is your PTO totally disengaged? Last week my WH wouldn't start (NOTHING) and I checked everything...then noticed the PTO lever was  partially engaged...Moved it an inch back and VVVRRROOOMMM...Must have bumped it when I checked the oil or something...

Just a thought...

Good luck!

• Like 3

jay bee

I also have a c-161 and there is a safety switch near the brake band that I knocked the wire loose when doing some work under the seat.  Had the same problem you are having.  There is also a safety switch under the seat.  They want you in  the seat, brake on, and PTO disengaged before the power will be sent to the solenoid to start the tractor.  There are electrical diagrams in the manual forums that you can download to see how all the ducks get in a row.  Hope this helps.

Jim

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Just noticed your a newbie from Michigan!

:text-welcomeconfetti:

I'm honored to give you your first "like"!

You will get tons of great advice from folks a lot smarter then me on this forum!

• Like 1

jay bee

By the way, from one MI newbie to another, WELCOME.

Jim 

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH
2 minutes ago, jay bee said:

By the way, from one MI newbie to another, WELCOME.

Jim 

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Sounds like the beginnings of a Michigan :wh: revolution...:ph34r:

Make sure you guys check out the member map and add to it...There are more than a few Michiganders...

• Like 3

jay bee
11 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Make sure you guys check out the member map and add to it...There are more than a few Michiganders...

Already done.  Thanks!!!

Jim

• Like 1

behoof

yeppers... I figure I'll be out there in the next day or two in the snow cutting the grass.... LOL of course, the horses, goats, chickens and all the rest down here on the farm are looking at my WH efforts with bated breath... 

Nice to see other Michigan folks here...

Thanks for all the replys... 

Edited by behoof

behoof
19 hours ago, jay bee said:

I also have a c-161 and there is a safety switch near the brake band that I knocked the wire loose when doing some work under the seat.  Had the same problem you are having.  There is also a safety switch under the seat.  They want you in  the seat, brake on, and PTO disengaged before the power will be sent to the solenoid to start the tractor.  There are electrical diagrams in the manual forums that you can download to see how all the ducks get in a row.  Hope this helps.

Jim

Jim, you guys were spot on regarding simple safety devices i.e. brake locked, seat, and PTO disengaged... 

Sooo.... let me just say this about that    Behoof = Newbie 

Thanks again all

• Like 2

jay bee

Ya gotta love a happy ending...

Jim

• Like 1

armyvetwh

i used to live in Lansing, MI. now in minnesota. the last i looked it up on the listings map. not many WHers here in the central MN area.:ph34r:, unless a lot of them are playing hide-n-seek here

• Like 1

Walt
On 9/25/2016 at 4:30 AM, armyvetwh said:

i used to live in Lansing, MI. now in minnesota. the last i looked it up on the listings map. not many WHers here in the central MN area.:ph34r:, unless a lot of them are playing hide-n-seek here

There's a few of us around the Capital area. 

• Like 1

BESTDOGEVER

Welcome to red square. Plenty of us in Oakland Macomb and St Clair counties.

• Like 1