Thegearhead0324

Dozer blade/snow plow attachment

Thegearhead0324

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum. My dad and I recently restored a 1967 model 1257 wheel horse. Basically cleaned and took apart every nut and bolt. Painted the entire body bought new lights plug and wire coil points and battery. All that's left are the wheels that I'm painting up white. Trying to keep it original as possible. 

With that being said we had it for 8 years. I'm now trying to find the dozer blade assembly attachment made for it. On Craigslist the closest person who has one is in Michigan and I'm in upstate new york. Would any of you know where I can find the assembly? I have all the manuals on how to put it on. I just need to find one. Thank you in advance.

ACman

:confusion-helpsos: where here to help! Place a wanted add in classifieds :techie-typing:  Also try a search using the search box up top of page . Welcome to :rs:

Edited by ACman

oldredrider

Take the trip to the Big Show in Pa at the end of June...probably a dozen for sale there. Pick and choose which one you want.

• Like 1

DougC

:text-welcomeconfetti: Enjoy the forum! Sometimes you gotta put a few miles on the truck and trailer to find what you want, but it's worth it in the long run. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Thegearhead0324

Yea I figured I'd have to do some travelling for this one. Lol... I just didn't know if they still reproduced them or if anyone on here would have one or know a friend of a friend.... I fell in love with this thing when we got it. I inherited it due to my dad down sizing I just wanna finish what he started.

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Thegearhead0324

Thank you for the welcomes. I'm looking forward to using the forum and search and to make friends with fellow wheel horse owners!

KC9KAS

rwilson

I see them on ny Craig's list all the time.

Thegearhead0324

OK so after a few days of beating a dead horse (not literally my horse is running good), I found someone about a half hour away from me who saw my "wanted" post about looking for a plow for my 1257. I got a reply back saying he has one but doesn't need it. His is off a C-100 from the early 70s he said. He hasn't sent pictures yet I'm waiting for him to at some point. Now what am I looking for with this dozer blade assembly? Ive been researching and I see these axle mounted brackets for the attachment ? And also would one off of an early 70s C-100 work with my 1257 from 67? They're almost identical judging from a Google image search lol... 

Thegearhead0324

Welp... after a 260 mile round trip I got my plow! My old 83 Chevy is tired tho lol now it's time to restore.

Thegearhead0324

Figured id post a pic. It's the 54 inch blade. I have it all torn apart for clean up and paint to match the horse. I ordered the bracket for the back rear end and new skid feet for the plow. Maybe in a week or so I'll have it on the horse all like new hopefully.

20160526_145622.jpg

• Like 4

Thegearhead0324

20160531_163011.jpg

• Like 8

jay bee

I wish I could get as much done in two weeks as you do.

And :text-welcomewave: to :rs:

Jim

Thegearhead0324

Lol I usually obsess over finishing what I start it's funny my father said that yesterday to me. It's been 6 days now and 4 out of the 6 were cleaning. The pic I posted was the second coat.

stevasaurus

Your 1257 is a long frame horse...you want to use the last holes on the transmission end of the blade frame for mounting to the transmission.  Your front tires may interfere with angling the blade if you use the "short frame" holes.  The "C" series bracket will fit your transmission on your 1257.  :)  Nice looking blade. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Thegearhead0324

Welp... it's all put together. Just waiting on the attachment bracket and plow skid feet to arrive that I ordered then it will be complete.

20160601_133929.jpg

• Like 1

Thegearhead0324

All done. I tell ya that blade attachment is HEAVY! 54 inches and the blade has to be turned to just barely get out of my shed lol. But here it is... 

20160602_170802.jpg

• Like 3

jay bee

You certainly do nice work.  You should be proud.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Jim

Thegearhead0324

Well thank you... I ordered the rear attachment bracket and skid feet Sunday night. I get home from work yesterday and they were on the porch lol pretty fast shipping. 

Trunrth1

Very nice

Thegearhead0324

Thought I'd bring this back from the dead almost 7 years ago, time flies. Anyways here are the pictures of that dozer/plow I redid and still have. I noticed the pictures weren't on here. Looking through them brings back memories. 

20160526_145622.jpg

20160601_091153.jpg

20160602_170802 (1).jpg

20160614_122517.jpg

• Like 5

peter lena

@Thegearhead0324  looks good , the steering quadrant slide pin area , really responds to , a red grease lubrication detailing , also the lever squeeze grip , really responds to a tightening of the pull wire , for more direct movement  / lubrication . makes that slide pin work and sound like a rifle bolt , 2 things , I  lubricate the face of the plow with an aerosol lubricant , to stop rust and enhance , snow release , you might also think of adding a vertical spring pull , from the from end of the chassis , to help in plow lift . experiment with  with extension springs , add on a couple of  3/8  EYE BOLTS , for your spring pull asist point . pete