Sign in to follow this  
mels

'76 C-120 Kohler con rod

mels

Mornin' Gents.

So, doing a quickie rebuild and found the connecting rod worn at the crank end.  Need to source an OEM new replacement.  I could order through my local dealer but been out of work since my company closed in October so I've gotta look for ways to trim spending everywhere I can.  

It may end up that I get the best price from them anyway, but I want to shop around and see what they're going for.

Where do y'all go for NOS OEM engine parts for these old Kohlers?

Thanks,

Mel

rmaynard

I never use OEM because of the cost. I have used imported parts from BBT Power Parts and other eBay sellers with much success. The last OEM part that I purchased was a set of points, and they were made in Mexico, so I would guess that connecting rods are imported now as well. That being said, I have heard many members talk about buying OEM Kohler parts from OPEengines.com. In any case, if the connecting rod is worn, you might want to check the crankshaft journal as well. 

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 3

mels

Thank-you, Bob.  I'll look into OPE and see what they get for theirs.  

Crank mic'd out good so we got lucky there.

• Like 1

mels

Poked around the internet for a while, ended up just ordering it right from my local dealer.  Thanks for the leads though, I appreciate it.