tommcgoo

model 7-1311 sickle bar

tommcgoo

Does anyone know if a model 7-1311 will fit a 1973 automatic 12? I have manuals that say a model 7-1312 will. What is the difference between the two? Does it have something to do with the crank shaft pto pulley size? Manuals say the 7-1312 will fit the automatic 12, so I'm assuming that means the original pto pulleyfor this tractor will work on the 7-1312. I see alot of post about smaller pulley sizes to run these sickle bars so the speed isn't too fast. And also can these sickle bars be run at a 45 degree angle to the ground? I have briers alond a dam and woods paths that need to be trimmed this way. Thanks in advance for any help on these matters.

Racinbob

:WRS:

Either will work fine. As far as speed, simply don't rev the motor up. Most PTO attachments are intended to run at full throttle but the sickle bar mower isn't. I used my sickle mower with the motor at about 1/4th throttle for many years. Won't hurt a thing and you're getting plenty of splashing going on. They will work fine at a 45 degree angle. I did exactly as you are wanting to do, trim briers from the paths in the woods. I simply put an eyelet in one of the existing holes in the steering tower and one about in the middle of the bar. A short piece of chain held it in place at the 45 degree angle. Just be careful. :)

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 4