Philip Parry-jones

Mistake!

Philip Parry-jones

After watching a church groundsman mowing around the tombstones with a Stiga mower and talking to him it looked as if I NEEDED a Stiga mower.After bidding for a few on ebay I finally got one.Yes it did get into corners but even though it was meant to be 13.5 HP it would not cut long grass like my C101 which has a 10HP Kohler,it was unstable on slopes and the wheels spun on inclines.Luckily my C101 has not been sold so I am now giving it a bit of care before putting it back into use.I really need a set of new blades but as I have welded and painted the deck I do not have a part number for them.The deck is a 36" tachamatic rear discharge type and the blades are two at 12" long and one at 14" long,I have not been able to find the number in the manuals section,does anyone know which blades I need?.And the Stiga? sold on ebay and only lost £10,an expensive error,learn by my mistake,red mowers NOT yellow!.

• Like 2

JC 1965

I think the part number is 8969. I believe Toro still sells them. I see this is your first post so     :WRS:

• Like 1

gwest_ca

8969 3-blade set is correct if the blades require a 5/8" x 3/4" double-D center hole to mount them. Has to be perhaps the only set with this type of center hole that are still available from Toro.

They eventually went to a blade with a 3/4" round hole for later decks.

Garry

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Not knowing the deck model number it is a guess at which blade to use looking at the parts lists.

1979 rear discharge deck 95-36MR01 uses 107982 blade set (Approx $80.38)

1979 side discharge deck 95-36MS01 uses 107983 blade set (Approx $72.92)

When you get to

1985 rear discharge deck 05-36MR03 uses 107983 blade set.

and there are more. The last rear discharge deck model 78305 in 2006 used these.

The last 36" side discharge deck in 1984 model 05-36MS02 also used these.

Perhaps someone can explain the difference. All have the 3/4" round hole. Aftermarket suppliers replace both blade sets with the same blades.

Original part numbers 107435 (L&R) and 107436 (Center) were replaced by the 107982 3-blade set

Original part numbers 107437 (L&R) and 107438 (Center) were replaced by the 107983 3-blade set

Garry

TDF5G

Is it correct that the side discharge decks have a higher lift blade?  Which obviously would be a different part # than the rear discharge blade.

And those are great pics!

:text-coolphotos:

Edited by TDF5G

Philip Parry-jones

Feel ashamed at being seduced by the swedish stiga! the wheel horse has been a loyal friend for many years.Moving trailers,pulling boats up the slipway and of course cutting the grass.She seems to have forgiven me.

red7.jpg

red6.jpg

red4.jpg

• Like 5

TDF5G

The old girls can be very forgiving! B)

gregg'shorses

Treat her to an oil change and a fresh air filter.

Philip Parry-jones

Promised her some new tyres!.

Retired Wrencher

Philip Parry- jones. They where made to last a life time. If you do the P.M.`s I always said if take care of them they will take care of you.

• Like 3