dells68

876 for sale locally. Too high?

stevasaurus

So, did you shoot him an offer??  :think:  Just curious.  :)

dells68

No I didn't make a offer.  I was a little nervous anyway with the deck having been welded on and him feeling it needed a rebuild due to smoking.  Good thing I didn't.  Life always steps in.  Who knows, maybe I'll find something at the big show!

kasey54

I have an WH 875 and I'd slap down $300 to have another lickity split. Works great.

Joebag

I just bought the 876 mentioned with the funky lights today Dec. 30, 2016. I paid $325 all I want to do with it is to be able to plow a garden I have a Bentley Plow that I put on the back and I have an old scraper blade  that I am trying to rig up for it. Although I do have to put battery terminals on the wires, buy a set of chains, I was reading through the comments and seeing where normal 30 weight oil just the right amount what exactly is the right amount of oil

20161231_014801.jpg

20161231_014842.jpg

• Like 2

Deadguy

From my experience breaking fresh ground with an 857, I wound recommend you get some 23x10.5x12 ag tires on the rear, filled with fluid and then install wheel weights.  Also put tri ribs or reversed ags on the front.  Load those tires too if possible and put some sort of weight on the front if you can.  Keep the plow share well oiled, smooth and rust free.  You may be able to plow with less than all this, depending on your soil type and condition, but out here in north central Wisconsin, virgin dirt in my neighborhood is almost solid prarie grass roots.  That is, the soil that isn't covered with woods...

Joebag

Thanks deadguy for the info

AMC RULES

One quart Joebag. :handgestures-thumbsup:

:WRS:

T-Mo

Those look like John Deere head lights and head light mounts for a round fender John Deere.  They're pretty desirable if they're OEM equipment from Deere.  See this picture of my round fender John Deere 110.

DSCF0682.JPG

Sarge

Too bad someone bored holes in that hood and fenders - looks like a nice patina original 876 and not many of those around that aren't rusted to death and missing a lot of parts . I'd use Kohler's straight 30w in summer , 10W30 in winter/extreme cold .

Sarge

Joebag
18 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

One quart Joebag. :handgestures-thumbsup:

:WRS:

What series is my 876 cuz I'm a little confused on the K's

gwest_ca

Here is the manual for your tractor

The 8hp engine is a K181 and with electric start it is most often written K181S

K=Kohler

18 = approximately 18 cubic inch displacement

1 = one cylinder

S = electric start

The plate on the engine should have the model number, spec number and serial number on it.

The original 876 engine K181S-30108d includes the specification (spec) number which identifies this specific engine for the purpose of identifying the parts used to build it. Differences between specs could be anything from the size of the output shaft, the type of air cleaner to the type of choke and throttle controls on the engine.

Garry

• Like 1

dells68

Good deal Joebag.  I was just a little leery when he said it smoke and needed a rebuild.  Glad it worked out for you and you got a good price on her.  Where are you from?  Local?  Not many horses down here in our neck of the woods.  Keep us updated on your progress.  Congrats.

gwest_ca

Just noticed the lube charts show 1-1/4 US quarts for the 876 engine. That is 1.18 liters.

Garry

Jrblanke

You are going to love that tractor. I've been eyeballing it for a while. I miss mine! 

Joebag

I hope so I got to get a few bugs out of it, open got it in top-notch come Garden season

I hope so I got to get a few bugs out of it, open got it in top-notch come Garden season

9 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Just noticed the lube charts show 1-1/4 US quarts for the 876 engine. That is 1.18 liters.

Garry

Thnx

Joebag
10 hours ago, dells68 said:

Good deal Joebag.  I was just a little leery when he said it smoke and needed a rebuild.  Glad it worked out for you and you got a good price on her.  Where are you from?  Local?  Not many horses down here in our neck of the woods.  Keep us updated on your progress.  Congrats.

Yeah I'm at Saltville oh yeah I'll keep you updated on the horse she smokes a little bit I had to adjust the carburetor some and I backed it up to the full size 78 4x4 Chevy truck while it was in park. The tractor was wanting to push the truck

14 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Here is the manual for your tractor

The 8hp engine is a K181 and with electric start it is most often written K181S

K=Kohler

18 = approximately 18 cubic inch displacement

1 = one cylinder

S = electric start

The plate on the engine should have the model number, spec number and serial number on it.

The original 876 engine K181S-30108d includes the specification (spec) number which identifies this specific engine for the purpose of identifying the parts used to build it. Differences between specs could be anything from the size of the output shaft, the type of air cleaner to the type of choke and throttle controls on the engine.

Garry

Thank you I'll have to transfer all these files over to the laptop I'm on the cell phone right now

dells68

Great to find another horse junkie in my neck of the woods!!!  Sent you a pm.