dells68

876 for sale locally. Too high?

dells68

Hey guys.  I have/had an opportunity to purchase a 876 locally that is complete.  It has some funky headlights and tail lights, but otherwise seems original, well the seat seems to be a replacement.  The guy wanted $500 for it, but I think that is a little high, especially since he says it smokes.  He said it starts good and charges good.  I thought about offering him $300, but I'm not sure that isn't still a little high since the kohler will likely need rebuilding.  Think I'm gonna pass, what do you think?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

KC9KAS

My what big eyes you have! :ROTF:

Yeah, I think it's more of a $200 machine, but then again, I may be called "cheap"!

• Like 3

dells68

Exactly what I was thinking.  Like I said, I wouldn't want to offend anyone, but I think even $300 is a little high, even down here where horses are kind of thin.  Those big eyes do add a little character though don't they:huh:!

• Like 1

ztnoo

Huuummmm ........don't have enough with two GT 14s and your son's tractor to keep yourself occupied???

• Like 1

Aldon

:lol: and a new roller rat rod....

he he has the wha bug bad!!!

wheel horse addiction

Edited by Aldon

dells68

Plenty to do, just hate to see orphans looking at me with such sad eyes:laughing-rofl:.  I guess these things have been a little bit of soul support with the year I've been through.  At least it's not like I'm eyeing purses or something else useless like a lot of our other halves do!  Guy's gotta have some therapy somehow!  Dad is going to have a knee replacement next month and I'll be staying with him, so my son wants me to attempt to revive Dad's Ford LGT while we're there.  Anything that follows me home will have to be put up for future tinkering.  Anybody know of a good horse-aholics addiction group?

Man these bugs bite hard.  Gonna need some serious itch cream!!!

• Like 3

Aldon

For a second there I was in complete agreement. I was even headed for the freezer. Then realized you wrote itch cream. Some weird reason I thought you wanted ice cream. Oh well. Can't let this pass without dealing with it. Guess I'll grab a bowl and cure this itch....well, uh...Urge:-)

• Like 4

slammer302

If it has a nice and quiet deck and smokes a little I wouldn't be afraid to give 300$ for it. I've been using a commando 8 that smokes on start up and under heavy load for 8years with no problems just change spark plugs alittle more often .

• Like 5

dells68

Now you've gone and done it!  At least my horses don't make me any fatter!  Now I'm craving something sweet.  Maybe later I could go for donuts, pie, or maybe even some fried ice cream at the Mexican place down the road.  Oh, oh this is starting to sound familiar - I might already be hooked on something else!

• Like 2

953 nut

:icecream:    

9 minutes ago, Aldon said:

I thought you wanted ice cream.

:laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

dells68

Before too long I'm going to look like this:icecream:PART951457562727229952016030995173115.jpg

• Like 5

Amcwheel85

^^^thats hilarious!!!

Ed Kennell

That's cruel....poor little horsey.

• Like 3

dells68

Gotta go and get to bed.  I somehow ended up chaperoning a choir field trip to Dollywood tomorrow.  When I get there I'll have 5 fifth grade girls in my group - say a little prayer for me.  Might need some more ice cream and lots of itch cream (for my nerves)!  Just kidding - I really do love working with our kids.  Maybe they'll keep me young!

• Like 2

JPWH

:ROTF: that's what I told him!

ztnoo
19 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Anybody know of a good horse-aholics addiction group?

You can probably find one at your neighborhood bar, exercising your elbow.....

or go for a medical exam to get a professional opinion.

kwitcherbitchen-thumb.gif

• Like 3

dells68

:ROTF::text-yeahthat:

Amcwheel85

I'd prolly give $300 for it if it only smoked on start up. Looks like a good mower/worker in its condition. And if ya had to rebuild it just restore it. The deck is prolly worth $150+ if it's solid

• Like 1

squonk

$ 300 isn't bad as long as the hydro works like it should.

stevasaurus

I love mine, and it smokes a lot on start up.  Hard to beat a short frame square hood.  I got mine for $200...but it was from a very good friend.  A brand new push mower is over $300, and you can ride this one.  I'd do $300 all day...but check the hydro first.  :)

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

I've paid more for a lot worse.And usually with no deck or any other attachments.But,then again.........I'm an addict.Non-smoking 8 horse Kohler's should be plentiful if you chose to replace the smoker.

squonk

That smoking could be nothing more than a carb overhaul or the correct oil level too.

• Like 1

Pollack Pete
5 hours ago, squonk said:

That smoking could be nothing more than a carb overhaul or the correct oil level too.

Yup.You're right Squonk.Also the wrong weight oil.I've seen what looks like cooking oil in an engine.Talk about smoke.........Replace with the right amount of good old 30 weight and no more smoking.

• Like 1

dells68

I might text him and make an offer.  He said to shoot him one.  I'll let you know if I do.  Thanks for the advice guys!

• Like 1

dells68

Well, it looks like I'll be at Lowe's early Sat. morning.  No, not getting one of those big box mowers - our washer died in the basement.  Wife says she can't do without a new one.  Don't know why she doesn't want to use a wash board and tub!:laughing-rofl: Given the condition of this machine, Think I'll pass and wait on something a little more deserving.  Hope someone gives it a good home!

Dell

• Like 3