Nathanielperz

Diesel Swap?

Nathanielperz

Were they really? Thats awesome! lol

BenTheWheelHorseMan

I know that there was a D-200 that had a 3 cylinder Kubota in it for sale on Craigslist near me. That engine bay looked pretty full. I imagine that you would have a heck of a time getting the radiator of a water cooler engine inder the hood of you 1276. Would be cool to see if it works though!

Nathanielperz

THAT THING IS AWESOME!! but those motors aren't that good. There are rubber seals on the crankshaft that wear out and when that happens the engine's no good anymore. you can't buy the seals alone, you have to buy a whole new crankshaft and then you have to pull the motor apart which is a huge pain in the butt. So when they wear out its cheaper just to get a whole new engine.

At least that's what I heard from one of my friends at school whose in the Automotive shop.

-Nate

Edited by Nathanielperz
Clarification

BenTheWheelHorseMan
24 minutes ago, Nathanielperz said:

THAT THING IS AWESOME!! but those motors aren't that good. There are rubber seals on the crankshaft that wear out and when that happens the engine's no good anymore. you can't buy the seals alone, you have to buy a whole new crankshaft and then you have to pull the motor apart which is a huge pain in the butt. So when they wear out its cheaper just to get a whole new engine.

At least that's what I heard from one of my friends at school whose in the Automotive shop.

-Nate

Nice to know about the engine. That is pretty sweet, although looks a bit daunting. I'm not sure if I would have the guts to ride on it or not lol.

Nathanielperz

I think it would be so much fun haha. Pull that motor out and put a small block V8 in there.

-Nate

BenTheWheelHorseMan
19 hours ago, Nathanielperz said:

I think it would be so much fun haha. Pull that motor out and put a small block V8 in there.

-Nate

A small block 350 horse. Now that's a thought. I believe 19richie66 was gonna build one. That would be the meanest sounding Wheel Horse ever!

Nathanielperz
21 minutes ago, BenTheWheelHorseMan said:

A small block 350 horse. Now that's a thought. I believe 19richie66 was gonna build one. That would be the meanest sounding Wheel Horse ever!

By far! hardest part would be getting a v8 for cheap.

-Nate

BenTheWheelHorseMan
1 hour ago, Nathanielperz said:

By far! hardest part would be getting a v8 for cheap.

-Nate

True. Would most likely be worth it though. 

Nathanielperz

Would it really though? I mean you do something like that and then it has one purpose. Look cool. Thats basically it. You can't mow with it and its not like its street legal so you basically just have to putt around your yard and not really open 'er up unless you live on a private road or have a lot of land. 

BenTheWheelHorseMan
55 minutes ago, Nathanielperz said:

Would it really though? I mean you do something like that and then it has one purpose. Look cool. Thats basically it. You can't mow with it and its not like its street legal so you basically just have to putt around your yard and not really open 'er up unless you live on a private road or have a lot of land. 

I suppose that is a fair point. I guess it would be worth it if you went to a lot of shows and money wasn't an object. Aka my dream lol.

Nathanielperz

Same here haha maybe someday.

19richie66

I was going to do the v8 build but the motor I had was no good. Why?  Why not! I had the motor, spare frame, tractor parts and just felt like doing it. Would it be cool? Yeah! Would it be practical? No. Neither are any of the other rat rod or hot rod builds. They are just fun to do.I decided on my two seater so me and my wife could cruise the shows we go to. Do what makes you happy. Now back to that diesel swap...........

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

how about best of both worlds, v8 diesel swap:)

• Like 1

Nathanielperz

Thats very true Richie. I mean if you just have the stuff laying around why not! But i wouldn't go out and buy a motor just to do that. V8 Diesels sound amazing

callum12
On 7 May 2016 at 1:17 PM, Jparkes43 said:

If its 90 degree gearbox setups. @callum12 may be able to help :) good luck.

James

just don't do what i did and buy one brand new! wait for a second hand one to come up haha

Callum

• Like 1

Nathanielperz

I keep looking but can't seem to find one for cheap enough.

-Nate

WVHillbilly520H

Find one of these...if it fit in there it'll fit in a horse...where there's a hammer and a welder there's a way, maybe a 520 :wh: swap...Jeff.

Screenshot_2016-05-09-21-55-55.png

Screenshot_2016-05-09-21-56-03.png

• Like 1

callum12

looks like that would be the perfect size, 

I'm very interested in this by the way, keep us posted

Callum 

953 nut

There was a "D" listed in classified section minus the engine, may need to stretch it a bit but don't need the 90 degree gear box. 

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

There's quite a few videos of those Kubota 5200s on YouTube if anyone is wondering how they actually run/look, rated 14 hp but diesel torque :auto-layrubber:,and it is 80-90s Kubota,Jeff.