Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Bring your kids to work day

nylyon

I long for the day where my kids can mow the lawn, with their own wheel horses. Here's Sparkies Son mowing along!

Bradsride2.jpg

Bradsride3.jpg

You're going to have to get him a 60" mower!

perry

ya, thats quite the small deck

nylyon

Well, that got me thinking, I have to get the rest of the family involved in this! Megan can almost reach the controls, I just have to stretch her a couple of inches and she's ready to go. Her preference is the manual transmission on the 414.

meganwork1.JPG

Not to forget Sean, I can get him on the 416, it's an automatic so he doesn't need to reach the foot brake at all, everything is within arms reach, well almost anyway...

seanwork.JPG

Well, that's it plum out of Wheel Horses, that means that Brittany is going to have to use the push mower.

kidswork1.JPG

I will share some of the work with Sean on the 416.

dadwork1.JPG

Wait just a minute, if all of us are cutting away, who's going to clean up after all of this?

dogwork1.JPG

That Stout is a loyal work dog indeed, dogs really require ear protection since their hearing is much more sensitive.

***No equipment was running during the taking of these pictures***

Sparky

Yep it is a small deck but I'll go up to a 60" as long as you guys will garantee it wont choke his Kohler 8 :D . He's kinda new at mowin so actually the small deck is perfect to learn technique with.

Nice pics Karl. I got a yeller dog as well but she aint no help with the lawn care. Infact I think I have some dead patches that she is responsible for...know what I mean...

So did ya take the dog campin? How did she like it? Our dog, Dusty, loves it and is usually beat at the end of the day from non-stop activities.

Mike.....tired from my vacation

Sparky

By the way Karl, I noticed that your ratio of Wheel Horses to people is kinda out-a-whack. I would get that taken care of right away :D

Mike....with a good ratio

nylyon

Stout is originally a city dog, born in Queens NY. From there he was adopted by a guy in Poughkeepsie, NY where he lived with a tiny little yard in a small apartment. When that guy figured out that the poor dog was not living the good life, he put him up for adoption again and we got a hold of him. We've had him for only 6 months and he's a really good dog. He went camping last weekend and did pretty good for his first time didn't complain too much at all. Slowly we're turning him into a dog, when we got him he didn't chew bones, chase balls, play frisbee or much any other dog type thing. He's now playing frisbee, ball and chews a mean rawhide!

You're right, the people to wheel horse ratio is really bad and I am looking all the time to fix it. The tractor budget isn't all that much so it will take a while, but we'll get there. Sean is really looking forward to getting his own, and I promised him that we would restore it together, I think it would be fun.

nylyon

And heck yeah, an 8 HP Wheel Horse can easily power a 60" deck, tall grass, up hill both ways.... :D

Rollerman

What is that ?...a C-85.....it would pull a 60" deck.......ONCE.

Stephen in northern IN....with one kid & 4 dogs

Bill

Nice pics guys,,, I have to agree with sparky, Karl your People to wheelhorse ratio is way way out of wack... You need more wheelhorse's ASAP...

nylyon

I know, I know... You CT guys got em all and you're not sharing! I have a lead on a 312 automatic in MA for cheap, but I am waiting on the pictures to be sure it won't be too much work.

Bill

Aww Ma is not that far.... and Cheap is good... as far as being to much work.. it's never to much work for a wheel horse... I brought back to life a c 160 that Mike gave me.. it was just 2 frame rails and a tanny