muz123

XI series question

muz123

I am looking at a wheel horse 518xi with 900 hours for $1300. Is that a fair price and are the hours a little high? I have never owned a 5xi series before so this would be my first time owning one.

Thanks, Dave  

WNYPCRepair

The 518xi probably does not have power steering. 900 hours for $1300 seems a bit high to me, but not drastically, every one I see is priced higher than a comparable 520-H. If I remember correctly, I paid $1600 for a 522xi with 700 hours. 

Does it have any attachments?

There was a 518 on Facebook for $500 a month or so ago.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Hey Dave, I bought my 2002 522xi for around 2200, maybe a bit more. Old age is creeping in on me. A tad over 200hrs. Would have to look back on the thread I started when I got it for exact details. Original owner, clean as could be, 44 inch deck. But this purchase might have been the exception to the rule. The xi is a great machine.  You will luv it. 

Glenn

• Like 1

muz123
1 hour ago, WNYPCRepair said:

The 518xi probably does not have power steering. 900 hours for $1300 seems a bit high to me, but not drastically, every one I see is priced higher than a comparable 520-H. If I remember correctly, I paid $1600 for a 522xi with 700 hours. 

Does it have any attachments?

There was a 518 on Facebook for $500 a month or so ago.

Yes it has a 48" deck thats about it.

NO POSTING TO CRAIGSLIST ADS SO IT HAS BEEN REMOVED. 

Edited by muz123

stevebo

The 518 is the base line with no power steering. Not a bad price imo for a nice machine. 

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

If it is in good shape, it is probably worth it. 

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

I'd go for it. The only difference between the 518xi and the 520xi is the steering wheel and the seat. The 520xi's steering wheel is one inch larger and it came with the high back seat instead of the mid back seat. Toro just advertised two less horsepower on the 518xi but the specifications are identical between the two models. 900 hours isn't too bad for the Kohler Command Twin. They are also used in other manufacturer's tractors as well as stationary equipment so parts aren't an issue. The 48" deck seems to be the most common size. Just give it a good look.

The 5xi are more popular now than when I started with my first (518xi) six years ago. They are pretty well engineered and built. I haven't had any major problems with my three. In fact my 518xi has seen the most use, although I'm using the diesel had the winter off and is mowing this summer. My 520xi has the most hours at around 750 hours.

• Like 4