Sign in to follow this  
bdanie7

plow tilt

bdanie7

Is there a preferred angle on the tilt for pushing snow? I have seen some blades straight up,some leaned forward,but not any tilted back.

Is one position better than the other or is it a preference thing? :hide:

TT

Laying the cutting edge back makes it cut more - which you shouldn't need to do with snow. You are essentially wanting to push the snow out of the way unless it is packed on the surface you're clearing. The corners tend to dig in more when angled, which is alright on pavement or concrete, but not on stone or dirt.

The trip springs also seem to function better if the blade is leaning forward more at the top.

I have actually plowed snow with two pine planks strapped across the front of a tractor, and other than not being able to angle them, they did a decent job. :hide:

Duff

I have actually plowed snow with two pine planks strapped across the front of a tractor, and other than not being able to angle them, they did a decent job. :hide:

Now up in these parts, that there's called "Yankee ingenuity!" :hide:

Duff :D

linen beige

I have actually plowed snow with two pine planks strapped across the front of a tractor,

Snow boarding Wheel Horse style! :horseplay:

WheelHorse_of_course

If you are plowing on gravel tilting the top forward helps you dump more gravel and therefore push less of the driveway where you have to deal with it in the spring.