Bigt31

Wheel Horse 520 carberator gasket

Bigt31

Hey,everybody.I'm still tinkering with my new 520-H.I need the main gasket for the carberator. The carb is a Nikki 146-0699,or the new number is 146-0661.Does anybody know the number for the gasket,or know if a gasket from any of the 520-H carbs will work.Thanks for any input.

ericj

i've had more onan carbs apart then i can count, i've never replaced a gasket YET, just take it easy and it should come apart, good luck

eric j

Bigt31

I've had a few apart as well.I already have it apart.This gasket is toast.There us only about half of the gasket even left.

Gas is pouring out of the carb because there is hardly any material left.

gregg'shorses

Check  www.primelinepe.com      part #s    7-02004  and   7-02060    Napa auto parts can order for you.

Bigt31

Okay,thank you very much.I seen that 7-02004 is the carb kit.What is 7-02060?I didn't understand the description for it.

cheesegrader

The pre-95 gaskets that I have are rubber, and all went back in place with no problems.

The 96 with the california emission carb had a coated paper gasket that was ruined the first time I took it off. 

Several other parts on the carb were made out of the same junk.

The gaskets are not interchangable with earlier models.

I hated that carb, and replaced it with an adjustable one.  It is still sitting, unloved and unwanted, in a box in my barn

Edited by cheesegrader

Bigt31

Lol,this 520-H is a 96,or 97.It has the paper gasket you are talking about.I finally found some on eBay,but they are pretty expensive. The numbers that gregg'shorses gave me won't work for this carb.They are shaped differently than mine.

cheesegrader

You can get a used , adjustable, pre '95 carb for about 50 bucks.

It bolts right on tho the '96-97 Onan P220 with no problems.

I think the older model is more reliable, and you avoid future problems with the cheap gaskets if you swap it out.

It is nice to have a spare that is clean and ready to go.

Mine need to be cleaned often, especially after sitting all winter.

I don't know why they gunk up so easily, but you will get lots of practice cleaning that carb!

Bigt31

Thanks for all of the info.That makes sense because because I had a 91 520-H that I sold to a friend,and I never had to clean the carb on it.I also have the 90 520-8,and I havnt had to clean it either.Do you know where I can get one for 50.00?Thank you very much.I do appreciate it.

cheesegrader

Watch the for sale section here.

The last one I got was off Ebay.

Joe's tractor also seems to have them often, and everything I have from them has arrived nice and clean considering they are used.

Bigt31

Okay,thanks again for the info.I guess for now I'm gonna order a gasket on EBay.It is missing one of the holes,but I'm gonna try to make the hole with a punch.Thanks again.