Ohwheelhorse

Looking to add a bigger horse to the barn

Ohwheelhorse

These things are so addictive. I already have two little Lawn Rangers. A L-156 and a 33E. Now I am kinda wanting a bigger round hood. Called on a horse today just waiting to see if he still has it and if he can hold it till the weekend for me. I can see why so many of you guys have pictures with a row of horses. I'll keep you posted. 

• Like 9

Tankman

Good luck with your round-up! Be sure to update us "Cowboys".  :wwp:

• Like 1

RedRanger
45 minutes ago, Ohwheelhorse said:

These things are so addictive. I already have two little Lawn Rangers. A L-156 and a 33E. Now I am kinda wanting a bigger round hood. Called on a horse today just waiting to see if he still has it and if he can hold it till the weekend for me. I can see why so many of you guys have pictures with a row of horses. I'll keep you posted. 

That's kind of how I ended up with a small herd this last year.

I had a larger tractor and needed a smaller one for pulling around a yard cart and doing small jobs.

Picked up a L-106 on a fluke.  It was too small, so I picked up a 867.  Then I just had to have a suburban so I picked up a 401.  Then wanted a full size round hood and along came the 702.

I keep telling myself there is currently no need for anymore.  There is no need for anymore.  There is no need for anymore.  There is no need for anymore.  There is no need for anymore.  There is no need for anymore.

Hope it works.  

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor
41 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

That's kind of how I ended up with a small herd this last year.

I had a larger tractor and needed a smaller one for pulling around a yard cart and doing small jobs.

Picked up a L-106 on a fluke.  It was too small, so I picked up a 867.  Then I just had to have a suburban so I picked up a 401.  Then wanted a full size round hood and along came the 702.

I keep telling myself there is currently no need for anymore.  There is no need for anymore.  There is no need for anymore.  There is no need for anymore.  There is no need for anymore.  There is no need for anymore.

Hope it works.  

We all keep telling ourselves that but then along comes that one model that just MIGHT come in handy for that certain task and another one jumps on the trailer and follows us home LOL

• Like 2

Ohwheelhorse

I understand completely. I really only need the L-156 to mow my little yard. And that's just temporary as it is. This is more so a hobby for me.  But one never seem to be enough of these little guys. As soon as I retire the one I mow with I am going to start working on it. I've already done a few modifications such as putting a steel pan seat and going fender less. Just little personal touch. But I'll have something ready for next year. Here's my heard now. image.jpegimage.jpeg

• Like 6

ClassicTractorProfessor

Nice looking Lawn Rangers...always wanted one of those...seem to be kinda hard to find here in Oklahoma though

Ohwheelhorse

Yes professor your right. I keep eyeballing and wanting a RJ or a surburban but not ready to fork up the money for a mostly complete one yet. Or haven't ran across the right deal yet. One guy here but me has had one listed for $1000.00 firm for a long time. And it's really rough. Not even sure it has a motor. He's way off. Some day;)

RedRanger
8 minutes ago, Ohwheelhorse said:

I understand completely. I really only need the L-156 to mow my little yard. And that's just temporary as it is. This is more so a hobby for me.  But one never seem to be enough of these little guys. As soon as I retire the one I mow with I am going to start working on it. I've already done a few modifications such as putting a steel pan seat and going fender less. Just little personal touch. But I'll have something ready for next year. Here's my heard now. image.jpegimage.jpeg

Those are nice!  Wish my lawn ranger was electric start.

You have a 1968 steering wheel on the 156.  3 spoke was one year only.

Ohwheelhorse

Previous owner had that on there. I know it's not the right one but I like it. 

Tankman

Of course we all know what's next. A BIGGER barn!:ROTF:

• Like 3

Ohwheelhorse

No I am ok there. I am trading hobbies. Going from old cars to old garden tractors. Smaller cheaper and nicer people so far. 

• Like 8

RedRanger
1 hour ago, Ohwheelhorse said:

Previous owner had that on there. I know it's not the right one but I like it. 

Not a bad thing.  The 3 spokes are built better and look better in my opinion.

The two spokes were prone to break.  Probably what happen to yours so they upgraded it.  

• Like 1

TDF5G
1 hour ago, Ohwheelhorse said:

No I am ok there. I am trading hobbies. Going from old cars to old garden tractors. Smaller cheaper and nicer people so far. 

:text-yeahthat:  And ya don't have to pay property taxes on 'em or pay for license and insurance, and no titles to mess with.  Just cash & carry!

• Like 3

DougC

Addictive yes. I've had a 95 520H for twenty years and have done nothing more than regular maintenance. Sooo... I bought a 1988 520H for a spare in case I ever had a problem with old faithful. It came with a snow thrower, rear tiller, 48inch mower deck and I will be spending the next twenty years restoring the new package deal purchases. At the present time all my spare time and money is.............. well you know........ :wh:         :lol:

• Like 4

Ohwheelhorse

Ok planing on going to pick up the new one tomorrow 

:D

slammer302

Good luck! What model horse are you bringing home?

Amcwheel85

:text-yeahthat:

Ohwheelhorse

The guy inherited it. He didn't seem to know a lot about it. But from the pictures it's a early 60s with a Koehler motor. He just knows it's a wheel horse it runs and moves. 

Ohwheelhorse

image.jpegimage.jpegHere we are. I forgot these don't have model plates. Haven't had time to look it up yet. It has a Kohler k18s motor. Also came with a front blade. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Ohwheelhorse

Ok best I can tell at this point it is a 64' 854. And corection motor was k181S. 

JPWH

Nice score. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Retired Wrencher

:WRS: It wears off a little after 10 or 15 years. Good hunting.