maxiblue

guy from connecticut

maxiblue

Hello All:

Guess I'm kind of new here signed up some time ago but never did an introduction so here it goes.

I'm retired now was a manufacturing engineer for 40 years, was laid of a few times back when, So I started a stump grinding business( 20 years ago) to fill the money gap when I was not working. I had a Jacobsen GT14 tractor to start with at first with quickway loader ( which was a very good tractor also) but the it was to light to pull for the stump grinder (2000lbs). I did stumps at a house and saw a D-250 with a loader in the back of the house covered up asked if was for sale, he say his father got it new in 1976 cost $6500,and his father passed away and he had no use for it so he wanted $1500 for it so ended up with a D-250. It has been a working tractor ever since. then pick up one with plow again 1976 for parts but put it back together and use it. I sold the D-250 with the plow  a couple of years ago because I retired from business all together but still kept the D-250 with the loader will restore it this year I hope. Lately I just pick up another 1976 D-250 for parts.

Ed wesolwski

• Like 4

WHX??

Sounds like we have a D series fanatic here guys!

:WRS:  Ed

• Like 1

JC 1965

Hello Ed, those D-250  :wh:  tractors are real beasts.     :WRS:   Keep us updated when you start your restoration.  One more thing :wwp:       :thumbs2:

• Like 1

857 horse

Hello ED.....Welcome back.......I am not a D owner....But i have seen them....Man...what a Horse..

:rs:is the place to be..and ..if you have time.....the BIG Wheel Horse Show,is in June....10 miles west of Gettysburg Pa..

You may need to call soon to find a room,,,,they fill fast......

• Like 1

Sparky

And the Connecticut gang continues to grow!!

:WRS:

Mike.....

• Like 1

stevebo

Welcome Ed. I am from New Milford not too far away. Glade to see you here!

• Like 1

maxiblue

Thank you for the welcome and I thank all the others that welcomed me

Edited by maxiblue
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

:WRS:

DougC

Hello and :text-welcomeconfetti: Ed! Enjoy the forum.    :handgestures-thumbupright: