DorkFish

Amazon replacement carbs

Has anyone ever used one of these replacement Kohler carbs from Amazon?  Went ahead and ordered one for my 16 HP K341.  The throttle shaft on the old one has so much play that I'm surprised the thing even runs at all.  I've heard plenty of good reviews and also plenty of jeers claiming they are cheap and don't work as well.  Looks like an exact copy of the Kohler carb.  I guess we'll see for certain tomorrow when I get it put on...

wheelhorse_carb.jpg

I have used a lot of BBT products. They work great. I have not used a BBT carburetor, but I have used several other Chinese carbs on K241's. They all worked great. I am not sure if BBT uses SAE hardware, but I would check to see if the screws and shafts and needle valves are all made to SAE specs or metric. The carburetors that I bought off eBay were all SAE and that was stated in the description.

• Like 1

I`ve got the exact same carb. but haven`t installed mine yet either.. let us know how you make out..

I bought the same carburetor for my C165 and have no issues with it other than I had to adjust the needle and seat because too much fuel was coming in and flooding out the carb.  But, it starts easy and runs great.  I also bought on for a M12 on my 312-8 and had nothing but good luck with it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bds1984 said:

I bought the same carburetor for my C165 and have no issues with it other than I had to adjust the needle and seat because too much fuel was coming in and flooding out the carb.  But, it starts easy and runs great.  I also bought on for a M12 on my 312-8 and had nothing but good luck with it.

How do you adjust the seat?  I've never had one of these Kohler carbs apart.

I should have probably said I adjusted the float and needle so they close against the seat and not just continuously let fuel flow in.  With the way the C165's carb was I had to slightly bend up the tab on the float that holds the needle.  The carb on the M12 I did not have to so maybe it is a quality control issue. 

Yeah or possibly just bent from being jostled around by the mailman.

Anything is possible with the long journey from China...

I purchased mine on Amazon also, but do not remember the brand. Only problem I had was the choke was not oriented correctly and I had to remove and reinstall it. Not a big problem though, considering the price. I think I only paid around $50 for it a couple of years ago.

Working on a 1990 -312-8 with Magnum 12 engine- carb flooding- Amazon wants $ 113 for this carb- Thoughts? Rebuild kits with float are $83- Thanks- Al