limited12

i do like they he installed his e-track, my was already installed:(

On May 19, 2016 at 9:17 PM, Shynon said:

Man am I behind 2006 glide with an 88

nbo067.jpg

Good looking glide

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Monstaliner arrived yesterday, trailers in the garage ready for floor prep and sealing. Monstaliner recommended I seal the plywood with oil based polyurethane to reduce the amount of liner absorption into the wood. So I have to sand and clean the floor twice  

Trailer project will have to wait a day as we're heading down state to spoil our new grandson. 

Fun Engineer

Step one. 

Remove tie-downs, clean floor with acetone, sand and apply sealer. Here's a pic with the trailer floor sanded and half the ramp done. 

image.jpeg

And here's a shot with sealer. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 7

Fun Engineer

So here are the results of my two coats of Monstaliner installation. Not sure why these all load sideways. 

Not sure why the finished product has a sand texture to it. It is supposed to be more of an orange peel texture that you can make rougher with additional rolling. I'll have to give them a call  on Tuesday to see why it turned out this way.  At least it will be more slip resistant :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 4

Racinbob

I don't believe I thought what I just thought for a moment. 'Why is he doing the wall?'  :scratchead::doh:

Looks great. :)

• Like 3

Fun Engineer

Thanks racinbob

JPWH

I like the texture. Floor looks nice.

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Thanks JPWH

• Like 1

WHX??

Looks nice....not as rough as the herculiner  but still non skid. I probably should have removed the tie downs like you did. I just went around them. Went to local big box and picked up a cheap area rug to roll out if we have to tramp in it. Couple  of bungees to hold it up out of the way

20160530_180031_Mecan.jpg

• Like 4

Zeek

Looks VERY nice!!  Quality job! I would expect nothing less from you :text-bravo:

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

We'll all have get together and visit each other's trailers at the show. 

• Like 2

Zeek
1 hour ago, Fun Engineer said:

We'll all have get together and visit each other's trailers at the show. 

Well . . . I'll have my tractor-haul'in-sleep'in trailer there, BUT my wife wants me to bring our RV for comfortable living accommodations this year :wub:.  Sooo, looks like I'm making two trips - 1) to get the tractors with the trailer there, and 2) to get the RV there.  Yea I know, glad I live close :coffee:

• Like 2

WHX??

Come visit.....I'll have adult beverages at my tramper! :lol:

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

So after 5 phone calls and numerous emails I finally reached the CEO on his private cell phone. I don't think he realized that he includes it in all his email correspondence. Don't know why I didn't catch that earlier.

I told him that I think I figured out that the pigment wasn't mixed properly even though I mixed it according to the instructions.  I took my wife's small jewelry file (don't tell her I borrowed her tools) and filed a couple of the pieces of grit left on the can.  They turned to powder immediately.

Heres what he think happened.  The is bought in small pellet form and ground up, screened and then added to the bed liner. He thinks the screen has a hole in it or that the batch I received was near the bottom of the vat and was contaminated.  He's checking with customer service to see if they have had other complaints. I have to believe they have.  Either way he's sending me an additional gallon of product to apply after I sand the existing surface. Not happy that I have to remove the tie-downs and mask everything off again but that's the way it goes. At least I'll have three layers of bed liner. This is going to have to wait until after the show as I'm heading south to spend some time with my Colorado son and our other son and their new baby this weekend.

As always I'll post pictures of the refurbished floor when completed.  Right now I'm in grandson and wax the tractors mode.

Cheers,

Fun Engineer

So I received a new gallon of Monstaliner to re-coat the floor after I sand it AGAIN. Looking forward to finishing this part of the project. 

Friday before the fourth, our association's road caretaker was mowing the gravel road shoulders and got into a bunch of gravel and rocks. As luck would have it he shot a piece of limestone the size of an egg right into the side of my trailer from over 50 feet away. Took it to the dealer down state today and he thinks it's going to have to be repaired at the factory. Because it's not screwed but epoxied to the frame and where the dent is, he thinks the entire side of the trailer will need to be removed. So that's another 1.5 hours further away. Sometimes life deals you lemons. Eventually I'll get this trailer finished. 

• Like 1

dclarke

That's the kind of luck I have, Dave. Hang in there, you'll get it done. 

• Like 2

WHX??

Oh that sucks Dave....bike tipped over in mine and punched in one of the walls and gouged the ramp. ...can't have nothin new I guess...that's why we deal with old tractors....hang in there bud! If it's any consolation I guess this really cool cooler didn't get it!!

20160625_105606.jpg

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Trailers home from the factory and looks great. Half the trailers new;)

Got it all waxed today and tomorrow the third coat of Monstaliner goes on. Had them install a cabinet and ramp door spring cover while in the shop. Will post pics when I finish the floor. 

• Like 5

Fun Engineer

Been so busy that I forgot to post pictures. Having an awful time power washing the house this year. The maple trees are stressed and producing a lot of air born sap mist that is settling on everything. That and the pollen has created a real mess on the siding with mildew and dirt. 

Done with my whine. Here's some pics. 

Also coated the roof with Henry Solar-Flex Roof Coating  to reflect the heat and to reduce the amount of aluminum staining on the sides of the trailer. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

WHX??

Glad to hear you got the dent fixed!

Those cabinents are cool Dave, where did you get them? Look like some kind of factory option??

Camped in mine at the Le Suer show & worked great! I think tent camping is over for me! I still have to do the @Shynon bug screens. I also had a air mattress that I used for the first time. Problem is the air matress has a built in pump that runs on 115 vac. Brought an extra truck battery & connected it to a small inverter which worked good. Also ran cell phone chargers & camp tunes off it.  I think what might be in the future is to mount a battery box on the tougue & wire it to the inverter in a cabinent  inside. Maybe a battery isolater wired to the RV connector so the battery charges when the truck is running. Maybe even do a permanent power thing like yours in case we camp where power is available??

Also need to get a permanent spare tire (I borrow the one off another trailer) and mount it somewhere...preferably outside tho.

20160825_172450[1].jpg

Edited by WHX7
  • Like 1

Shynon

Dave, trailers looking really nice:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Thanks Jim and Tom. 

The cabinet is aluminum made by NEO in their trailer factory. They're custom made to fit each of their trailer models. I think this one is 48"w X 17" h. It has CNC aluminum hangers with shelves on each side. Lots of room inside. That also make universal cabinets. 

You'll love camping in the tramper. Way better than tenting. 

Jim

Check out this site www.tnttt.com. 

Go to the cargo trailer conversion forum for trailer ideas. It's mind boggling what some people have done to their trailers. 

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 2

COWBOY1296

I have been all over the internet looking for the right product for my new enclosed trailer floor.  Currently it has a gray colored water based paint on it and the ramp.  Monstaliner might be the right product for me.  I see needing some good texture on the ramp but not so much on the floor.  Besides hauling atvs and harleys around it will be used for camping.  I think i have the most painful flat feet in the world.  How ruff would that floor finish be on bare feet?  Are you still happy with the product.  I  spoke with them yesterday and they recommended priming the floor with UCP934 silver chassis saver.  Which in itself might be enough to seal the floor?  My trailer is 7x14 a 2 foot v nose.  How much of the monstaliner  did you have to use?  When its clean up time is the floor easy to sweep and mop?

Edited by COWBOY1296
more info
  • Like 1

Fun Engineer

Hi Cowboy1296

i like my final finish. Not too rough. I sealed mine with polyurethane which was cheaper than their silver chassis saver. I used a gallon in two coats. Very easy to clean. 

• Like 1