mattd860

Foot Pedal Kit & Tiller

mattd860

Who uses my hydrostatic foot pedal kit with the tiller attachment? Does the pedal interfere with the belt or midmount pulley? 

cleat

I tilled with your kit last year with one of my 520's. Worked great.

Tiller on ready to work 1.jpgTiller on ready to work 3.jpgTiller on ready to work 4.jpgFirst tilling 2.jpg

• Like 2

Dale520H

Cleat...are those holes in the drive belt cover to help ventilate the rear cylinder?

cleat

They are. I don't know if they make a real difference but it makes me feel better.

• Like 2

Dale520H

I understand completely I'll probably do that too...

Edited by Dale520H
  • Like 1

bmsgaffer

I had to adjust a few spacers on the tiller idler pulleys (i think I had to put more on behind the pulleys to space it out more, it was a while ago) to get it to fit past the pedal but it actually lined up the idler pulleys better with the PTO pulley so I couldn't complain. 

Two things I have had issues with are the snowblade angle arm (but I have a fix planned i think) and then any mower deck that has the three-bar leveler that came with the vacuum bagger system, you cant raise the deck or the under-pedal "ear" hits that third bar. I dont have a bagger though, so I just need to get a new "two-bar" leveler for the deck. 

WHX??

Let you know Matt if I ever get time to install it ....or put the tiller on for that matter:lol:

ba2988

I have Matt's kit installed on my 520H and did some tilling about a month or so ago.  I did find that there was some slight interference but only when pushing the pedal to go into reverse and all the way down.  This wasn't a big deal for me because when I'm tilling I'm not going in reverse often, and when I do I turn off the pto so it really wasn't an issue. 

HokieAg07

Only when pushing the pedal to go into reverse, which like the above poster mentioned, is not a huge deal as I generally disengage the tiller when reversing. Im sure a few adjustments of pedal position with the heim joints and rods, along with adjustment of mid idlers would solve the issue. I use the tiller only a few times a year, not worth the time to even worry about it!

• Like 1