Sign in to follow this  
Buzz

Anyone flying to the show?

Buzz

Every year several people fly into the nearest airport, rent a car, and come to the show. Harrisburg airport is the closest, 46 miles away. Before you book a flight there, check out BWI outside Baltimore. It's 73 miles but I guarantee there are a lot more airlines serving it and you'll save a buch of money flying there plus more rental car companies so you should save some more money there. Less money spent travelling=more money for parts :D Something to check into

bowtieguy

Buzz....thanks for the tip...I flew into Harrisburg and wanted to rent a pickup but none was available....so rented a car and drove to Gettysburg then back and forth to the show.....will do something different next time....when I left the show on Sat my flight (and only flight) out of Harrisburg was cancelled so the airline put me up in a nice hotel for the night and I flew out Sunday to KC.....could have driven the whole trip and made it home in about the same amount of time...but what the heck, I got a good nights sleep in a new town

Don't mind the flight stuff but would be nice is I could rent an RV next time and just stay on the fairgrounds....maybe Baltimore would give me more options

Frank in MO

chevelletown

Can I carry-on a 520H after I purchase one at the show? :D Maybe I can get a one way ticket and ride it back to IN.....talk about some serios seat time.

bowtieguy

Hey...don't BUY one at the show...just win the raffle tractor and drive it home...I figure I would be home in 2 weeks...just think of all the stuff you would see on a slow ride home...

T-Mo

Hey...don't BUY one at the show...just win the raffle tractor and drive it home...I figure I would be home in 2 weeks...just think of all the stuff you would see on a slow ride home...

Yeah, just like old Alvin Straight on his 1966 JD 110..... :D

combatmp29r

JD Terry I forgot all about Alvin.

Sparky

I'm thinkin that ridin a Indy-500 Wheel Horse, the raffle tractor, for a whole day might mess up yer backside :D ....know what I mean.

Mike.......