Sign in to follow this  
ClassicTractorProfessor

Put the 1277 to work today

Amcwheel85

looks like you were mowing more dirt then grass!! lol glad it worked good tho!!

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

That's out where we all use for a driveway in front of me so not much grass there the grass was a lot thicker behind me LOL

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Loaded her up to take back to town in the morning...got some more mowing to do if it doesn't rain tomorrow...also robbed a seat off an old Montgomery Ward mower I'm getting ready to haul off for it. Not perfect and had to modify things a bit but it's a big difference over what was on it

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Molon_Labe

Professor, I must say that you did a great job of mowing with the 1277. My wife even comments on how nice the yard looks after mowing with the WH. Best decks ever made in my opinion. I have to ask though if you have a problem with the goat heads puncturing the tires. I know from experience that you don't want to go barefoot in your part of the country.

• Like 2

Amcwheel85

Professor who's bull hauler is that? I ask cuz my dad hauls cattle and is out that way a lot and may know that truck

ClassicTractorProfessor
7 minutes ago, Molon_Labe said:

Professor, I must say that you did a great job of mowing with the 1277. My wife even comments on how nice the yard looks after mowing with the WH. Best decks ever made in my opinion. I have to ask though if you have a problem with the goat heads puncturing the tires. I know from experience that you don't want to go barefoot in your part of the country.

We don't have many goatherds in our yard out here...only sandburs...so far I haven't had any trouble.

3 minutes ago, Amcwheel85 said:

Professor who's bull hauler is that? I ask cuz my dad hauls cattle and is out that way a lot and may know that truck

That belongs to my father in law. His name is Leroy Ruf he drives for LLT out of Tuttle OK

JPWH

I haven't heard about goat heads in a long time. I grew up in Colorado and they were everywhere.

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor
2 minutes ago, JPWH said:

I haven't heard about goat heads in a long time. I grew up in Colorado and they were everywhere.

We had a lot of them out in the Oklahoma panhandle on the farm where I grew up...they are here too but don't seem to be as thick as they were back home...sandburs are what we have problems with here seems like no matter where you go they are everywhere

• Like 1

Molon_Labe
22 minutes ago, Professor1990 said:

We don't have many goatherds in our yard out here...only sandburs...so far I haven't had any trouble.

Sand burrs are bad enough, those things are vicious, like a fish hook. I lived in Altus, Sayre and Fairview, OK for a lot of years and know what you have to deal with out there. Glad you have a couple of Horses to take care of the property.

Edited by Molon_Labe
  • Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Yes they sure make it nice...before I got the 1277 I mowed with an old White Yard-Boss T100 with 38" deck...selling it and upgrading to the :wh: was the best move I ever made...mowing is actually an enjoyable task now

• Like 4

Amcwheel85
9 minutes ago, Professor1990 said:

That belongs to my father in law. His name is Leroy Ruf he drives for LLT out of Tuttle OK

My father hauls for mihms with his own truck that's a yellow kenworth W900L. He is in OK a lot 

ClassicTractorProfessor
Just now, Amcwheel85 said:

My father hauls for mihms with his own truck that's a yellow kenworth W900L. He is in OK a lot 

I'm sure they have ran into each other sometime along the road...Leroy runs a lot from here to Mississippi and back

Amcwheel85

Yea sorry to mess up the thread curiosity got me lol. 

ClassicTractorProfessor
Just now, Amcwheel85 said:

Yea sorry to mess up the thread curiosity got me lol. 

It happens to all of us lol

• Like 1