NYJack

C120 Seat interchangable with others??

NYJack

I am in need of a new seat for my C120  (posted ad in classified).  They don't seem easy to find so I wonder if any other model seats will bolt right up?    I could measure the bolt pattern, then ask sellers to measure theirs, but I bet someone here has already done that and will know what seats interchange.

After 40 years the back part of the seat has cracked nearly all the way across from my pushing against it getting on and off.  If I cannot find one I may try to figure out a way to brace the seat using strap iron or something.

This is a work tractor (I use it to haul the cart around the property and sometimes plow snow), so am not at all concerned with originality.

Thank you for the help.

Jack

• Like 1

Retired Sparky

I've had my tractor 30 yrs. and I'm on my third seat. For me the new seat has never been a straight bolt on. I've gotten two seats from Northern tool.  I have a catalog from Agri Supply that has nice seats. You might also try Surplus Center. Tractor seats start on page 10.

Now that I'm retired, I get more catalogs in the mail that I do magazines.   Good luck and have fun. B)

And by the way. Hello and :text-welcomeconfetti:   TO:rs:

Edited by Retired Sparky

jay bee

I'm no expert, but I've bought two of these seats and they are very comfortable and a direct bolt in to the Wheel Horse seat hardware.  Go to GriggsLawnAndTractor.Com and search seat TM333BL.  It's $62.00 plus shipping.  It is a high back seat which I think makes a lot of difference when you are on your tractor for awhile.

Jim

• Like 2

roadapples

:WRS:

Tankman

Tractor Supply Company usually has a number of garden tractor seats on the shelf. I've used several, prices 'round 60 bucks for the high backs.

Steel pan, bolt right up. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

If you have the time, these two piece seats can be saved.       This is what I started with.  The  back was broken off.

IMG_3879.JPG

IMG_3907.JPG

IMG_3927.JPG

And the finished seat.

IMG_3931.JPG

I was able to save the WH emblem and sew it into new vinyl.

IMG_3929.JPG

Save a Horse.  

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 5

Patrick Gede
On 4/28/2016 at 9:22 AM, Ed Kennell said:

If you have the time, these two piece seats can be saved.       This is what I started with.  The  back was broken off.

IMG_3879.JPG

IMG_3907.JPG

IMG_3927.JPG

And the finished seat.

IMG_3931.JPG

I was able to save the WH emblem and sew it into new vinyl.

IMG_3929.JPG

Save a Horse.  

Nice work buddy !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1