wallfish

Zagray Spring show Colchester CT 5/7-8

wallfish

The Zagray Farm Museum shows are consistently good.  

http://www.qvea.org/

The spring show usually gets a big crowd if the weather is nice so get there early. Lots to see, plenty of vendors and bring a tractor to cruise around on so you can go around a couple of times or more. Seems like someone finds a gem there every year too.

Plan is to be there Saturday as usual and my father is coming up from NJ this year to check it out. I think he might even have a couple to sell so I'll get some pics and info on what he has.

• Like 1

stevebo

Brennanbo and I will be there. He will be running his hot rod burban. I may bring my 702 but just not sure. John- save us a spot next to you!!

muz123

I will be there but not sure what tractor to bring yet. :think:

Sparky

I'm traveling for work but it looks like I might fly home Friday the 6th......if so I'll be there.

I hate when I miss a show that's only 20 minutes from home!!

Mike..........

SALTYWRIGHT

JOHN SAVE ME A SEAT. I WILL BE THERE ON SATURDAY WITH MY DIESEL 1054.         RUSS

• Like 6

DJE

I'll be there on Sunday. Gotta work on Saturday. :-(

Coadster32

It's the only show I even went to last year. Modified the tractor for the kids last year, and they had alot of fun. It is a good show, especially if the weather cooperates.

My son has his first communion on Saturday. Not going to miss that. Sorry guys.  

fireman

I actually might be able to make it this year. I have to work Friday till Saturday morning but usually my relief is there around 7:00am. I'm going to see if I can get someone to come in at 6:00 so I can get there around 7:30. John if your there early, save me a parking spot!

wallfish

I'll save as much room as I can for everyone and put up 2 tents and spread out, so it should be good. I can't get there super early but should be there by 6:30 if packed up and ready to go on Friday.

Hey Russ, Glad to see you're feeling better and ready for the show season! Had me worried for a while.

Edited by wallfish

SALTYWRIGHT

JOHN, I AM GOING TO TRY IT. SO FAR SO GOOD. I MAY NEED SOME HELP BUT I WILL TRY TO DO IT MY SELF.      RUSS

• Like 3

SALTYWRIGHT

NOW THEY ARE SAYING RAIN ? WHO ARE GOING ?

stevebo

I am seeing 60 degrees with a 40% chance of showers. I plan on heading up with my son if it is not raining but will have to be a game time decision. I will get the trailer loaded tomorrow. 

SALTYWRIGHT

I WILL LOAD UP TOMORROW ALSO.      RUSS

fireman

I'm not going to go. After all the rain we've had over the last week and the rain coming tonight and tomorrow, that field is going to be a muddy swamp. Good luck to all those going!80% cHance of rain tonight and 50% Chance rain fOr tomorroW

Edited by fireman

muz123

Im going possibly Saturday but definitely Sunday.  

wallfish

Shows only a 5% chance of rain in Colchester CT on the weather so I'm still in for tomorrow.

Might be there just a bit later than planned because I can't get loaded up in the rain.

Zag weather.jpg

• Like 1

Sparky

Last time I went to Zag's (Fall show last year) in the rain I got stuck walkin around with the only RedSquare guy that showed up......it was the most painful 2 hours of my life!

:ychain:

Seriously....it's so close there's no way I'm not going. I gotta have my sausage, peppers and onion sandwich :roll: . Just flew home this evening from a road job in Virginia so no time to get the 1054 up and ready so it's my hacked up, rusty, ugly Honda powered 656 with a very leaky rear tire for me!

Mike.....

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Here's hoping...   :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

someone takes a camera. 

SALTYWRIGHT

I AM LOADED AND READY TO GO.     RUSS

• Like 2

wallfish
23 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Last time I went to Zag's (Fall show last year) in the rain I got stuck walkin around with the only RedSquare guy that showed up......it was the most painful 2 hours of my life!

:ychain:

Seriously....it's so close there's no way I'm not going. I gotta have my sausage, peppers and onion sandwich :roll: . Just flew home this evening from a road job in Virginia so no time to get the 1054 up and ready so it's my hacked up, rusty, ugly Honda powered 656 with a very leaky rear tire for me!

Mike.....

Hmmmm, I guess you're not naming names?

I'll have a couple of canopies just in case it sprinkles.

13 minutes ago, SALTYWRIGHT said:

I AM LOADED AND READY TO GO.     RUSS

Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow!

Hey Muz, be sure to stop by if you make it or better yet, hang out all day

• Like 1

fireman

If I was as close as you Mike I would probably go for the heck of it too. But 2 hours each way is not worth the chance. Not to mention I got things to finish at home. Let's hope the Summer and Fall shows offer better weather!

Sparky
16 minutes ago, fireman said:

If I was as close as you Mike I would probably go for the heck of it too. But 2 hours each way is not worth the chance. Not to mention I got things to finish at home. Let's hope the Summer and Fall shows offer better weather!

I agree....I wouldn't make the 2 hour ride to the Kent show if there was talk of rain.

Mike.....

stevebo

I just got home myself from a day of driving with my buddy up and down NY looking at boats. He ended up buying a nice Formula so it was worth it I will be riding my 953 which is the one my boy had access to down in the barn. The forecast I saw was a high chance of a shower at 7am then good the rest of the day. We will be there. 

wallfish

Well, it was a little damp this morning but there was a decent turnout for what the weather was.

Only snapped a couple of pics

Here's Sparky (Mike) all proud of a new hood ornament. We all told him it was a little big and not original but that didn't stop him!

Saltywright (Russ) in the background

FullSizeRender(1).jpg

And then we picked up a couple K181s and some skins for matching hood ornaments

FullSizeRender(3).jpg

This I just thought was cool 

FullSizeRender(2).jpg

• Like 7

Sparky

There's two good reasons right there to not paint your hood! The weather was not the best but I had a great time just hanging out with the crew and driving up and down the aisles.....and of course I scarfed down a sausage/onion/pepper sandwich.

Mike....

• Like 2