Vinylguy

Pneumonia is no simple thing

Digger 66

Good to hear you're on the upswing .

Pneumonia is nothing to take lightly .

• Like 5

953 nut

Had pneumonia years back, sick time policy at work was ridiculous, so I went in until I couldn't stand it any more. Company Quack said I had a cold, get back to work! Went to the ER and was admitted for three days followed by a week of rest time. Then I was reprimanded for excessive use of sick time.

Get well.jpg 

• Like 8

Racinbob

Thank God that you caught it in time and you had great caregivers. That's nothing to mess with anytime but especially as we get older. Take care of yourself and get back to 100% soon.

• Like 4

Vinylguy
5 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

Thank God that you caught it in time and you had great caregivers. That's nothing to mess with anytime but especially as we get older. Take care of yourself and get back to 100% soon.

I keep forgetting I'm no spring chicken.  Lol

• Like 5

Racinbob

Believe me Terry, I wouldn't have said a thing about age if I wasn't in the same boat. We can stop growing older but there ain't anybody that's gonna make us grow up. :)

• Like 4

Mrs. Redo
Just now, Racinbob said:

Believe me Terry, I wouldn't have said a thing about age if I wasn't in the same boat. We can stop growing older but there ain't anybody that's gonna make us grow up. :)

Amen to that.

• Like 2

squonk

Working at a Hospital I'm exposed to all kinds of crap. I don't get into the patient care area's as much as I used to but in March I got a nasty bug and had to take a couple days off. Place just about fell apart. 2 weeks ago I felt a cold coming on. That's gone except for a lingering nasty cough.Not getting much sleep because of it. I'm about ready to go to the doc again.

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

Vinylguy

Get going don't wait. 

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

I highly recommend the pneumonia and shingles vaccines for all us "old guys..and gals".      It's  a couple hundred bucks, but a good investment.

Glad you caught it in time Terry.

• Like 6

Vinylguy

Thanks Ed

rmaynard
4 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I highly recommend the pneumonia and shingles vaccines for all us "old guys..and gals".      It's  a couple hundred bucks, but a good investment.

Glad you caught it in time Terry.

I got both in 2015. My insurance paid for it thank goodness.

• Like 4

AMC RULES
18 minutes ago, Vinylguy said:

Get going don't wait. 

:text-yeahthat:...if anyone should, right?   :auto-ambulance:

Glad to hear you're on the up swing now Terry. 

• Like 3

Vinylguy

Thanks Craig

• Like 1

JPWH

Sorry to hear you have been sick. Good to hear you are getting well.

I agree with you that pneumonia is worse than the flu. I have had each one time in my life.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Take care of yourself and "Get Well Soon"!

• Like 1

dclarke

Glad to hear you're on the mend, Terry!  

• Like 1

Terry M

Take Care , Terry ...and I also am Glad to see your getting better:handgestures-thumbupright:....See you in PA in a couple months!!

• Like 1

neil

A massive get well soon from me in UK Terry.

• Like 1

meadowfield

get well soon terry!

squonk

Funny story about my Doc. He's from Taiwan and it takes awhile to be able to understand him. My wife, B-I-L and S-I-L all  go to him. They like to call you after 9:30 at night and tell you what's wrong with you or give you a lab report. S-I-L was sick and went in. A couple days later B-I-l gets a call at night, " Ruth have Low Pneumonia":rolleyes: B-I-L says "What the heanimated-smileys-sport-030.gif is Low Pneumonia?"  He mean't to say NO Pneumonia!:)

Another time I had my physical. I knew I was going to get my eyes checked. His wife give the test and she's from Taiwan also and pretty whacky. On the way to the exam room you pass by the eye chart. I'm sitting waiting for him and decide it's time to have some fun. I sneak back out and memorize the eye chart manufacturer's name and address which is printed on a tiny line on the bottom. Time for the eye test and she says "cover one eye and read the lowest line you can see" I blurt out " Acme Eye Chart Co. Walla Walla Nebraska" or something like that. She just stared at me and didn't know what to do! :lol:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 7

AMC RULES

Newsflash...everybody does.  :lol:

2013_06242014WHCC0083_zps45d418ad.jpg

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2

Sparky

Let me be the one to say what everyone is thinking here but to scared to type.... make sure you have this pneumonia thing all taken care of before the "big show" please!! :rolleyes: 

Just kidding! Glad to hear your on the upswing!

I had a pretty strong cold in March that I was able to get rid of in a few days but the cough lingered on for almost 3 weeks. Very annoying!

Mike.........

• Like 3

wrightorchid

Glad you are doing much better.  It can come up in a hurry, and even if you don't feel that bad, it can be 'walking pneumonia'  With a history of asthma for me and my wife, we don't mess around when sick, but fortunately have insurance and a good doctor (she even understands my wife's humor).  Keep up on your fluids, dehydration is not good either.  Breathing is not optional.  The pneumonia shot is helpful, but does have to be done every so many years (don't remember off hand)

• Like 1

Vinylguy

Thank you

• Like 1