welderman85

K321 c-145 help

welderman85

I just picked up a c-145 and it runs a rough. It rolls alot before it fires then if you choke it you get black smoke the a bunch of white smoke. Also it won't idle it will try but it's like it's getting to much gas and chokes its self out. And ideas on where to start to solve this. Thank you

Edited by welderman85

welderman85

One other thing once running it dose ok at higher rpm ,but if you give it gas kinda just Rev it up it will puff alittle white smoke. Thank you

pfrederi

Clean the carb, check float level, set Main and Idle needles per manual.  Is you spark plug clean...wet...sooty??

welderman85

Sooty and had white deposit s on it

So after pulling the plug I decided to dig deeper so i pulled the head off and this is it. Whats the best way to clean this up and whats my next move from here. Thank you Also where's a good place to get a head gasket and carb rebuild kit.          The bottom pic dosnt show it to well but the carbon is around 1/4 to 3/8 high around the edges

IMG_20160425_225132130.jpg

IMG_20160425_225125099.jpg

Edited by welderman85

tgranthamfd

Maybe you could put it back together and try some seafoam? watched a pretty informative video, on small engines, a few day ago. The guy put a camera down in the cylinder before and after the seafoam, and it did a pretty good job on the carbon. You could probably find the video on youtube, search for seafoam, small engines? just a thought.

prondzy

Your burning oil, and most likely have lower compression. My suggestion is to rebuild and machine the cylinder.  See the "clean" c shaped ring on top of the piston, this is where oil has sat and why there is no carbon buildup like you have elsewhere. And why it is built up 1/4 to 3/8 in other spots because of excessive blow by. Of course not many people want to spend the $200-$300 to rebuild you could try, cleaning the carbon out if the head and cylinder,  a new headgasket, sparkplug, run a cap full of sea foam through a full tank of gas, and a cap full in the crankcase and hope you just have a stuck ring, but I'll put my money on needing a rebuild. 

ATT_1454891635178_20160207_122437.jpg

This is what a healthier engine should look like when you pull the head, this one of course got a rebuild for the same reasons you are describing.