bizzo15

310-8 chewing through belts... Please Help!

bizzo15
17 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Perhaps with a second pair of hands or some wood and clamps you could lock the pedal from moving. Then try and twist the idler pulley and the lever it is on to try and determine if the pin is sheared. Maybe try and pry it back to where you think it should be and if a looseness is found the pin is sheared.

The item 17 is 7841 replaced by 933190 is a 3/16" x 1-1/4" spiral pin. This is formed by multiple wraps of metal and stronger that a roll pin that is a single wrap.

Garry

I will see if I can get a second set of hands,  the plan is to tear it back down this weekend and figure it out once and for all!

Racinbob

As Don said, that damper was their first attempt at slowing the clutch engagement. Then they went to a strut that did all the work and no spring. After that a damper that rode the full length of the idler arm travel and the spring returned. That's what I had on my 2005. I didn't like the clutch feel so I removed it. Wheel Horses did fine without them for decades. If you don't mind it fine but I would remove it just long enough to take it out of the equation as far as your problem. Also, make sure that piece that hits the damper isn't riding on the back of the belt when fully engaged. :)

• Like 1

953 nut
3 hours ago, Racinbob said:

piece that hits the damper isn't riding on the back of the belt when fully engaged.

That is what I think is going on too'

bizzo15

Ok so I was able to get some time to Tear back into the left side of the tractor tonight and I have a couple of questions. First one is which hole is the clutch return spring supposed to go into?(pic included)

IMG_9180.thumb.JPG.08e88cbd5926bad1ba2f549824843d9d.JPG

also is the trunnion in the right hole?

My second question is I looked at the pin and it doesn't appear sheared to me but I'm not exactly sure how to tell. Can you guys tell by this pic?

IMG_9181.thumb.JPG.f67996c9c967d082137bb6c3f8da0f06.JPG

thanks for all all the help and advice I feel like I'm real close to getting this issue licked 

Edited by bizzo15
  • Like 1