redone

Muffler clamp

redone

This is foolish. I am wanting a muffler clamp to fit my 1980 10 hp kohler engine. The size is 1" x 3/8. Anyone have one? Resonably ok

Daddy Don

Try auto parts store or farm supply store. 

SylvanLakeWH

I had the same problem - ended up using a 1 1/2" muffler clamp and torqued it down - works like a charm...No leaks - no issues..

squonk

1 3/8" clamps are really used much at least in the auto ind. No parts store that I tried had them. I did find them at Grainger # 33NZ15

grinchsr

Walker part number 35324.    Saw one on auction site and also saw them at Amazon and Rock Auto.  I just ordered 3 from Amazon   $3.83

TDF5G

redone

Hey Men.I found my muffler clamp at Napa Auto. For a 1.58. 1 3/8 .pass this one to others. Thank you.

I might have to rebuild my 12 kohler, vibrations. Yes I have.check out flywheel and it is very tight. The hood and steering wheel vibrate at low speed.even at a higher speed it shaks. There seems to be a littler knocking noise, but not enough to be worried to further damage.

dose this engine have balance counter gears?

squonk

So what's the Napa # because my store can't seem to find it?

EDIT Napa # 7335324. My store shows 2 in stock. Guess I'll have to go down there and kick some tail! :)

• Like 1

jay bee
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 0:07 PM, TDF5G said:

If you have a Federated Auto Parts Store near you, they have or have access to Part #U114 and that is a 1-1/4 inch clamp with a 5/16 inch U-bolt.  In my area I paid $1.35

• Like 2

TDF5G

Small town where I live, we have Oreilly and Auto Zone.  And I try to avoid Auto Zone all that I can.  Other auto parts stores are just out of my way.  It ain't worth a bunch a driving in city traffic to to buy a part that costs $1.00 unless it's an emergency or something is broken down.   I save up my odd and end things like that to pick up when I'm going that way for other reasons anyway. 

Thanks!

DorkFish
On 4/19/2016 at 11:07 AM, TDF5G said:

Walker part # 35323 is the 1.25" size.  Most parts stores don't stock them that small but can order them.  Amazon also has them for $3.77 + shipping.  I had to order one for my C-161 the other day.

• Like 1