midpack

not all CL deals/people are bad

pacer

Thats great!! good on you!

I'm a believer in that way of doing business - I had a South Bend lathe and ran it on CL for $2500. Within 30mins I had a call and the guy wanted it and made arrangements to come after work. After talking with him I had 3 more calls, one offering $3000 (I have to say that was tempting) the other 2 offering 'more'. Advising the offerers that if the first caller didnt show up then... but he did, right on time and he was the lucky buyer.

But as most of us know, CL can bring out the "unusual" :wacko: calls!

• Like 7

WHX??

like anyone else I hate to leave money on the table thats why I always list with "OBO"

• Like 2

ztnoo

Unfortunately, CL also brings out a greater number of scammers and folks that just want to screw around and jack a seller around.

• Like 2

elliot ness

I have bought lots of tractors and related items from craig's list and traveled many miles to get the items and only been burned twice. once

from a guy in s. In. that sold it before I got there,[6hr.drive one way] and once from a guy in Ohio that took pictures of a different tractor then what he listed for sale,[10hr. drive one way] but all in all it's been a good deal for me over the last 10 or so yrs.

• Like 1

slammer302

I've met alot of nice people buying and selling on CL and a few bad and few odd but mostly good. But when you get a bad CL deal it's hard to swallow!

• Like 3

RedHorse54

Youre right, I once got a compete B-80 for $55 and I just got a complete 1276 with a 50in deck for $100

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

I've sold a bunch of stuff on CL and never had an issue with the people...Good, honest and we stick to deals made...

I have not bought however...maybe one of these days...

Tankman

Mostly decent deals when buying off CL. Had a lousy deal off eBay once but, overall OK.

Rob.A.700

I was awestruck with how helpful and nice the guy I bought my plow from was. Because of my transport situation i had to take the plow off the frame and he was more than willing to help. (for future reference you can fit a 48'' plow into a mustang:laughing-rofl:)

• Like 2

gawald

Bought my C141 off CL from young man in college who was selling it for his grandpa.  Drove 2 hours one way with a good buddy to get it.  Tractor was as described and the deck was in better condition than expected.   Both grandpa and young man were pleasure to meet.   I see a few Horses on CL but most are restored and the price reflects that.  Also, with 2 John Deere garden tractors, 1 Wheel Horse, and 3 Snapper riding mowers, storage is a bit of an issue.   I'll probably sell off one or two of the Snappers but they are seductive in that they are so simple, cheap to repair and do a great job of cutting grass and weeds so they earn their keep.   The wife loves the Snappers so we compromise - me with the garden tractors and her with the Snappers.   CL deals have been great for me. 

• Like 1