ericjr16

Picked up our C-85 today.

ericjr16

Thanks Craig! Just what I needed!

Here is a picture of my fleet last fall.

DSCN2583.jpg

TDF5G
16 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

That list is wrong and not hard to tell where the info came from. Toro have it wrong also with incorrect year and C-81 model name.

Check the build dates that have been recorded so far for this model

Garry

Thanks.  I see what you mean.   I didn't realize there were mistakes in the Master Model List.  I'm going to have to look into the numbers on my C-105 now.  

ericjr16

Thanks to the Mower manual you guys have, I see the height adjustment is way off! When you use lift lever the foot rest stops are quite a bit lower than touching! I'll address this next time I work on it!

ericjr16

Was working on our next snow blower tractor to keep. I wanted to try the WH out to mow some. Our grass grows slower as sun is limited to afternoon hours. I made quick video f me trying to fire it , been one week since I got it!

• Like 1

ericjr16

We worked on her some today. Checked the front wheel bearings and they are fairly tight. Think the right spindle is bent as it has too much negative camber. Might order new one or try to straighten it. Then went to install the new blades I bought, ordered wrong ones, have the slotted center hole and I need round ones. Anyway the blades are not bad anyway. We sharpened them and found some things wrong. Some bolts were loose and a nail instead of clip in one buckle! Also found a couple of missing rubber bumpers in mower stops. We took one from other side and installed it into side with none. This way I have at least one on each side. I might have adjusted up travel on deck lift too far, does not lock into place as well, will fix another day. I have a good Murray seat and we installed it today. Some drilling and tapping of steel seat pan solved mounting issues. Then took group shot with my old keepers. The one tractor hasn't started in at least four months due to lack of snow this winter. I truly like this tractors looks and performance so far. Just ordered a set of decals for the shifter knobs. My Sears Suburban SS10 has total opposite shift pattern and I always put the C-85 in reverse instead of first!

DSCN4057.JPG

DSCN4048.JPG

DSCN4056.JPG

DSCN4046.JPG

DSCN4047.JPG

Forgot to say dad found a UV activated glue to try on crack. Seems to work well so far!!

Also a cold start video before seat install/work on it!! I truly do like playing with it!! ;)

DSCN4050.jpg

DSCN4043.jpg

DSCN4042.jpg

• Like 2

Amcwheel85

Well the red one is best but I do have to say the Sears and bolens are very nice! I always wanted the orange and white suburban. Looks like you keep them clean!

ericjr16
2 minutes ago, Amcwheel85 said:

Well the red one is best but I do have to say the Sears and bolens are very nice! I always wanted the orange and white suburban. Looks like you keep them clean!

Thanks! We normally get a lot of snow and they sure work well! I am not too brand loyal . I have my favorites of course! The Bolens was given to us and the Suburban was a trade in on a lawn tractor!

Amcwheel85

Yea even tho we all know the old tractors are way better and try to tell everyone that.. Sometimes we like when some ppl don't think that way so they can sell/trade the good old ones to us for newer junk lol

Edited by Amcwheel85
  • Like 1

ericjr16
1 minute ago, Amcwheel85 said:

Yea even tho we all know the old tractors are way better and try to tell everyone that.. Sometimes we like when some ppl don't think that way so they can sell/trade the good old ones to us for newer junk lol

You are so right there!!! I had a few great old machines for sale and one lady actually turned her nose up to it for newer tractor we had. Even though it was junk compared to old one!! Reason I keep the old dogs! They rarely leave me stranded!!

• Like 2

ericjr16

Looked at my neighbors yard it needs a mow soon! We gave/sold him two tractors, but our grass is shaded for most of the day. We wind up using his yard for a "test track"! Might break in my C-85 over there! I want to see her mow!!

• Like 1

ericjr16

Mowed my yard and neighbors too! Just had to adjust carb some and ran great thank God! Such a nice cut! Did great!!

Right after mowing! Took some time with 36" deck.

The yard I mowed with it. Neighbor was happy with cut!

DSCN4119.jpg

DSCN4110.jpg

My new shifter decal came in and installed it today!

DSCN4111.jpg

Edited by ericjr16
  • Like 1

ericjr16

Mowed my yard tonight to relax and enjoy the machine after work. Today some guys stopped and asked for a tractor to buy. Dad showed them one, of course they see my Wheel Horse! Dad told them what he thought was high price for it at $500, guy says I'll take it"!! :( Thank God called me to ask. I was delivering and could not answer, his message was like they want your tractor, what is the price? ARGH! Thankfully he told them I'd call them! I told dad I told you they are worth money and desirable! Needless to say it is NOT for sale and I am so happy to mow with it! Cuts so nice compared to some flips we did!

PS guys came back and bought he Craftsman I was selling!

• Like 2

TDF5G

Yipes!  That was close.  That would sure ruin your day if someone sold your :wh: while you were away!

:-(

• Like 1

ericjr16
6 hours ago, TDF5G said:

Yipes!  That was close.  That would sure ruin your day if someone sold your :wh: while you were away!

:-(

You got that right!! I was not happy when I heard the message! Thank God he did not sell it! I would have drove up to the guys house and took it back!!

• Like 1

DoctorHfuhruhurr

I'm partial to the older Sears also (in addition to wheel horses).  5 years or so ago I picked up a 10hp Sears Suburban in good shape with a sickle attachment for I think $250.  It won't take much to get it up and running but I haven't gotten around to it yet.  It even came with 5 or 6 extra sickle blades.  

• Like 1

ericjr16

Thanks Doctor!! I fell into the Suburban as a trade, never letting it go! I sure do like the old styles!! You scored with sickle bars!! I never did find one!

ericjr16

Needed some seat time and used the old girl. None of the flippers are ready to mow which is good for me!!

Here is some C-85 mowing action to enjoy. Hope you like it!

• Like 1