rpilote

520H quit-wont restart

rpilote

Hi guys, My 97 520H was running fine while snowblowing this winter, then just shutoff..I let it sit for the rest of the season, then started looking into it this spring..I have spark and fuel..Good compression, and it appears to want to start, but wont. Flywheel pulled, everything looks good there..Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. I know lots of folks dont like the Onan, but in almost 20 years, aside from batteries and belts, the only thing I have had to change is the voltage regulator, so I cant complain..Thanks, Rich

Achto

Do you by chance have water in your gas? May seem like a dumb question, it's just some times over looked.

rpilote

Fresh gas..It almost appears that the timing is off.

parsonsponyz

I agree with what has been said already, try the fresh gas.  If that doesn't work make sure both cylinders are getting spark at the spark plug, if  you haven't already, and then check timing.  There's not to many things it could be at this point.

rpilote

How do I check the timing? Rich

rpilote

Virtually no spark..I took my sons word..my mistake..How do I check the coil?

rpilote

HHHEEELLLPPP--This is getting weirder. When I put a jumper wire from the pos on the battery to pos on coil, still no start..But, when I pull that wire of the coil, it pops through the carb.. 

From the wiring diagram, it would appear to be either the trigger module or the coil..Can I test either?

Achto

Sounds like you might have bad points & condenser.

WNYPCRepair