Sign in to follow this  
Gernzz8

1976 36" Rear Discharge Mower Deck

Gernzz8

Hi Guys,

I'm breaking down my mower deck to repaint and patch a rusted hole on the side of the deck. I purchased this B100 in November,  I never actually installed the mower deck on it. It came with the Dozer Blade on it. The arm that ties all the other arms together to attach it to the mid-hitch appears Bent? It is a pretty thick piece of steel and I'm wondering if it was done by design?? I don't want to paint it and find out I have to rebend the arm straight. Here are some pictures.

Thanks as Always,

Danny

IMG_1291.JPG

IMG_1292.JPG

• Like 1

oldredrider

All the lift parts should be straight and square. Mowers decks can take a beating and things get bent. It's great you noticed that before painting.

• Like 1

Gernzz8

Hi Paul,

That bar is every bit of a 1/4" steel. No "injuries" were noted on the rest of the mower deck during tear-down and sandblasting, other than the rusted half dollar hole on the side of the deck. I found a B100 restoration thread on this site with a picture of a mower deck. It's not taken at the angle I need to see it head on. However, the bar appears to be "offset" (not exactly centered on the crossbar) and possibly? has a curve to it? Here is the Thread Title: 

76' B-100 Restoration

Started by martinarcher, 18 Jun 2015

• Like 1

doc724

Put it in a vise and straighten the bend out.  That part is, by design, not symmetrical.  It will assemble two ways but only work one way.  If you put it in wrong, the lift bolt/trunion will not line up with the rear axle assembly (the part that holds the deck wheels)

• Like 1

Gernzz8

Into the Vise she goes....... Thanks for your replies

All the Best,

Danny

• Like 1

Retired Sparky

DSC04789.JPG  

Does it look like that???   Take pics as you tear it down. I had something upside or backwards until I looked at my pics.