Phatboy

520H already to plow

Phatboy

Well i put the brinly bottom plow on today and did just one furrow to adjust ,, she is ready to go all i need is some decent weather !!! 

image.jpeg

• Like 9

DougC

Looks to me like that outfit would get the job done in nothing flat. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

muz123

Looks awesome. 

callum12

looking good! are the tyres loaded?

Callum 

gsummers

Nice, what horse you got?

Phatboy

It is a 1996 520H 50th anniversary edition ,, with 435 on the clock,, AG's all the way around,, and no tires arnt loaded i am putting on inside outside weights for 75lbs a wheel ,, and see how that works this coming winter and if i need more ill get tires filled with rim guard.. I just dont wanna put to much weight and make tire rows in the grass But a extra 150 pounds it should be fine with just the weights ,,we will see ,, it pulled a 6" furrow today like there was nothing behind it at all !! So i should be fine in the snow,,

cleat
17 hours ago, Phatboy said:

image.jpeg

I like the pins you have on the rear hitch. I am using little pins with hairpins in them.

Yours is nice in that you only have 2 pieces VS 4.

Rear hitch installed 2.jpg

I will have to see if I can find safety pins like yours.

• Like 2

Phatboy
1 hour ago, cleat said:

I like the pins you have on the rear hitch. I am using little pins with hairpins in them.

Yours is nice in that you only have 2 pieces VS 4.

Rear hitch installed 2.jpg

I will have to see if I can find safety pins like yours.

Cleat i got them at lowes , let me know if you cant find any ill send you a cpl,,,no problem buddy..just send me a pm ..

Edited by Phatboy

Kegler

Have seen the pins at Ace, and most farm supply stores. Lookin good! Does anyone happen to have a source on new plow shares? Found a plow in very rough condition but W/O the share. (bottom piece below the moldboard)

WNYPCRepair

WHX??

I went with that style too Cleat and never looked back ...buy some extras for when you drop them and can't find them like me!!

You sure do have a clean rear end ...does't that tractor ever see the dirt??:teasing-poke:

I also see you are running the fram filter..I was told by @squonk they are junk and got me switched over to napa 1410'S :confusion-shrug:

cleat

I will switch that out soon.

I just put that on to flush the unit out since I had no idea when it was done last.

It will get a fluid and filter change soon and will get the Wheel Horse filter as I got a good deal on a few a while back.

I have lots of 1/4" safety pins, just can't find real short ones.

elcamino/wheelhorse

Phatboy , glad to see the paint did not come off the plow , I was a little worried about that. It looks good on the back of your 520.

• Like 1

squonk

The plow will work better without the paint. Dirt will slide off better. I have 2 plows. One painted for show and one bare for plowing.

cleat

A good days plowing will take the paint off of the moldboards but then a little grease on them and it will be ready for next year.

Back on my days on the farm, after a good days plowing, the plow would just gleam. Bare metal but super smooth and shiny. 

After all plowing was done, we would then grease the plow and put it away until the next year.

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

If you could have seen the plow before I started working on it , you would understand why it was painted. It need a lot of protection from Mr. Rust. 

Phatboy

I plowed my garden with it today and it worked perfect ,, now gonna wait on soil to dry a cpl of days and get the harrow out then the tiller then the hiller lol !! 

ericj

i rattle spray paint my moldboard plows, less messy to handle and work around. when i plow it shines right up in no time

eric j 

• Like 1