gsummers

Not the way I wanted to gain a horse

fireman

I'm sorry for your loss.

I know how you feel. I lost my Dad in 2004 and there is not a single day that goes by that I don't think of him. He was my mentor and best friend and taught me just about everything I know. He too was in the service as a Seabee during the Cuban Missile Crisis. It does get a little easier as time goes by but the pain never truly fades away. That is why I had this tattoo'd on my arm. All I have to do is look down and he's always there!

DSCN1081.JPG

• Like 5

gsummers

Thank you all from me to my WheelHorse family for your thoughts and prayers, my Dad was 82 and a veteran of the Korean war. He liked my Horse and wanted one, I found his on Craigslist a couple of years ago and got it for a very good price. The picture of his is last spring, I had just picked up the tiller and installed it, that is why it is so dirty, had just finished doing his garden, never dreamed it would be the last and only time that would ever happen. My sister is staying with my Mom and wants to keep Dads garden going, I will gladly be in there and till that garden again.

• Like 7

AMC RULES

:clap:    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

:wwp:

scoob8000

Sorry to hear about your loss.   I'm sure he'll be smiling down on you when your running around on his old Wheelhorse.

ericj

sorry for your loss, my dad is 79 and a heavy smoker, so i know it's only a matter of time but hope he hangs in there for a few more years, lost mom in November of 2014. they were married for 58 years

eric j  

Digger 66

Thoughts & prayers headed your way .

I lost my Dad in '07 & inherited his Workhorse that he took such good care of .

Like a fool I sold it . :(

Al C.

So sorry about your father passing away.  My dad passed away in 2008 and I inherited his tractor when mom passed away last year.  His was a 1967 10hp 8 speed.  It was a little discolored and roughed up, but it ran fine.  Today I've got it looking like new.  Every time I see it in the garage, I think of dad - and, it is like he is looking over my shoulder every time I mow the lawn.  Take good care of it, it will bring you more good memories than you can imagine.  Take care.

• Like 3

neil

Soo sad to hear about the loss of your Dad , i know how painful it is too lose a parent as my dear ole Mum passed away last year and not a day goes buy when I don't think about her . 

Now you have inherited his tractor I am sure it is gonna give you some emotional  special seat time .

take care 

• Like 1

TDF5G

My sincere condolences to you and your family.  Your Dad was sure a great guy if he was a :wh: guy.  Dad's are special people and I'm sure he will be missed.

19richie66

I inherited all my tractors but one when my dad passed 3 years ago. He was on here as a member so I get to go back and read his old posts. It's neat trying to figure out what he was up to. Take care of the horses and he will be with you always. My dad is always sitting next to me when I work on them.

• Like 3