tlj87

520H 60" deck overall width

tlj87

Hello, my employer has what I have believe to be a 1990 model year, 520H with 60" mower (earlier style with skids on front corners) that has been sitting in a building, unused, for approximately 7 years.  Other than being dusty, it appears to be in good condition.  I believe it has about 700 hours on the meter.  As far as I know, nothing is wrong with it, but we will be conducting a thorough examination, and if OK, a complete cleaning and service of the unit to get it back into shape.  If there is a problem (Onan valve issue, etc.), we will probably sell it.

Anyhow, if possible, could someone with a 60" mower provide for me a measurement of total width of the deck, with and without the chute/deflector?  I'd measure this myself, but the unit is an hour away from me.

I am interested in knowing if this would fit in a 6x12 enclosed trailer for transport.  Thank you!

Update:  After I posted this, I found the answer to my question - about 65".  Sorry about that!  Anything I should check/look out for otherwise on a 520H that has been sitting?

Edited by tlj87
found the answer

cheesegrader

This just came up about a week ago.

Look in the main forum.

Post was "buying a 520 in three days" by kwksand.

You might get lucky.  A new battery, an air compressor, and a can of gas is all it took to fire up and drive away my last barn find.

Of course, once it was home, it turned onto new tires, carb cleaning, re-wiring, power washing, greasing, new filters and fluids.....

daveoman1966

That 520 with the 60" deck should easily fit in the 6 x 12 trailer.  I have a 1991 S-10 Long-bed pickup and loaded a 520H with 60" deck into the bed (<4 x >7)  and hauled it from Barker NY to my garage about 3 years ago.  Of course, I had to take the deck off to fit into the bed, and stood it up against the back of the cab with a 1/2 sheet of plywood to protect my back window.  The deck stuck out a foot or so on the passenger side, but that's ok.  With that on board, I backed the 520 into the bed, right against the deck...with a flat tire between them.  My little S-10 was VERY easy to steer and the ride was nice and smooth too.     

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• MSBiker
      By MSBiker
      Well it looks like I'm out of luck. I have been looking for blades for my Lawn Ranger and having zero luck. I have tried Wheel Horse part numbers 7908, 7909. Toro part numbers 8777, and 53322 and no one has anything like this. I was thinking about doing a cut down, but finding right hand and left hand blades seems to be the problem. 
      Anyone making blades, constructing blades, got a work around, etc? My blades are usable, but that is about it. 
    • cbj75
      By cbj75
      I have a 1975 D200 Wheel Horse with front mount dozer blade, package includes Wheel Horse Dump Trailer, 48" belly mower side discharge, Wheel Horse front and rear wheel weights, turning brakes, rear PTO and 3-point to 2" receiver attachment, and Brinley twin disc harrow. Rear luggage/rack carrier, All refurbished, sandblasted and painted Ford red in 2016. Lots of extra Wheel Horse parts included.

Package price $3000.00.

Bryce Johnson
      102 Anglers PT
      Mc Cormick SC 29835
      913-638-6788

IMG_1962.HEIC IMG_1965.HEIC IMG_0279.HEIC

• Tinman1962
      By Tinman1962
      Recently got hold of a 656 it's has a "newer" 61/2 Briggs on it I don't believe that's right any ideas about that
    • Duramax7man7
      By Duramax7man7
      Very Solid tractor! Starts right up and Runs and Cuts like a Champ! 

ONLY 419hrs

FEATURES:
      Newer Agro Tires on Rear & Solid Front Turf Tires.
      Wheel Weights on rear.
      Fully Swapped Forward Swept axle and Steering off of 520h.
      New Tractor Supply Adjustable Seat.
      Exhaust Fully Restored. (Sandblasted, Outgassed and 2000deg High Temp Satin Exhaust Paint Coated.)

I ran my 60" Deck on this tractor for over a year with no issues. 
      Deck it solid top to bottom with no rot and newer blades. Belt and Pulley are good to go! 
      She's just a little dusty and needs a cleaning. Can get a nice Seat a Tractor Supply. 

Asking >>>>> $1,099 OBO <<<<<<< 

(248) 943-8634 Text or Call.  God Bless. 

• Duramax7man7
      By Duramax7man7
      Very Solid tractor!

Newer Agro Tires on Rear and Solid Front Turf Tires. Wheel Weights on rear. Fully Swapped Forward Swept axle off of 520h. I ran my 60" Deck on this tractor for over a year with no issues. 
      Deck it solid top to bottom with no rot and newer blades. Belt and Pulley are good to go! 
      She's just a little dusty and needs a cleaning. Can get a nice Seat a Tractor Supply. 

$1175 OBO   -POOS

(248) 9for3-8six3four Text or Call. I do not visit this site enough. God Bless. 

NEW SEAT INSTALLED ON THIS TRACTOR! Started it up and ran it for a while yesterday... Forgot how nice this thing is. Tempting to keep it but it's time to send her one her way. GREAT TRACTOR!