Wheelie again

Almost unbelievable just luck

ClassicTractorProfessor

It never ceases to amaze me what people throw away...if I hadn't have lucked into running into the guy when I did the other day he was gonna take the 701 I rescued to the scrap yard...some people just don't realize what they have...he runs that Deere for a while and he will realize the mistake he made! Nice save and good luck

• Like 2

bds1984
15 hours ago, Wheelie again said:

Hello friends living in south west Michigan this week has been pretty depressing with the weather. But today I was all smiles I have told you all I work for a metal recycling yard and today's find was mint 314 hydro 1996 with a matching 48 inch deck in just as good condition best part was a little gas and a little wrenching and it fired up and drives very good tell me what you think and any pointers or advice on the hydro would be awesome it's my first one. Sorry can't get photos to upload I will keep trying.

Where in SW Michigan are you?  I've found some old iron here in the Kalamazoo yards.

BESTDOGEVER

Boy I wish there were people that crazy over on this side of the state good save :)

TDF5G
17 hours ago, Wheelie again said:

I asked the nice gentleman who dropped it off why he would scrap a great machine like this all he said was and I quote it ain't a John Deere.:snooty:

:wacko:  He just doesn't know any better does he?  Poor fella.  But folks like this are to our advantage too!  

Congrats on your great find!  

:text-bravo:

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 1

MalMac

I had something similar happen to me. I drove a truck for a scrap company for a number of years. Through that time I did manage to drag home my fair share of stuff/junk. It always amazed me what came in the scrap yard. While waiting to be loaded one day I happen to notice a gentleman asking one of the yard help to unload. What he was unloading was a C81 with a 36" deck. It really caught my eye because it looked new. So I went over to check it out. The motor and steering wheel was missing other than dust and some scratches it looked new. I asked the guy what the story was behind it and why he was just chucking it. I was told that he was hired to clean a garage for a older lady widow. Seems her deceased husband died in 1979. He had just bought the tractor and had only mowed twice with it until he had a heart attack and died. She hired their neighbor to cut the grass and just let the tractor set in the garage all this time. Her grandson came along and took the motor off and steering wheel for some other project. So when the guy was hired to clean the garage he took stuff to the dump and stuff to the scrap yard. I ended up with a basically new C81 with no motor. 

Edited by MalMac
  • Like 7

WHX??

SWEET Wheelie......that one found you!..... pics once ya get it cleaned up!! Should be able to find the manuals here...

Edited by WHX61/3

Wheelie again

Thank for all the great replies everyone. Now just waiting on the weather to play or (work) with it. The plan for this weekend is a total tune up fluid changes. A bath will come next weekend when it's 65 degrees out then wax and I will get new pics then for you all to show just how clean it is. Never thought I would wax a horse but this is just to good looking not to. The 314 will always be cherished by me but my 312 will probably be my every day going to grunt tractor and this 314 will live out it's days mowing grass. And who knows what I will do with the 310 I just bought LOL so many decisions I just love these tractors. I have the fever I have been bitten by the bug a full blown case of it

Bowextreme I know black river pretty well and the "jaws" can do major damage it's also the most fun you can have with your clothes on when you climb it the seat of a Liebher material handler LOL.:D                                                bds1984 pm I have plenty of wheel horse stuff I have saved from the shredder and I am about 45 minutes north east of Kalamazoo always willing to help out if I can

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Time to start working on your storage space now.   :think:

• Like 2

gawald

Guys, lets not trash the John Deere garden tractor enthusiasts.  I have two Deeres in addition to the C141.  As in all machine types, different tractors have their pluses and minuses.  I like the Deere varidrive as it gives 28 speeds (4 gears x 7 variable selections).  Nice but my C141 is better looking with 8 forward speeds.   If all the Deere guys were after Wheel Horse tractors, there would be a scarcity for WH enthusiasts.  Some like vanilla, some chocolate, some pistachio, etc.   I find all brands of tractors interesting as the designers took different approaches.   Enjoy the variety.....

WHX??

We don't trash any body's brand of tractor here but we do dole out our share of good natured ribbing!

• Like 5

RedRanger
2 hours ago, gawald said:

Guys, lets not trash the John Deere garden tractor enthusiasts.  I have two Deeres in addition to the C141.  As in all machine types, different tractors have their pluses and minuses.  I like the Deere varidrive as it gives 28 speeds (4 gears x 7 variable selections).  Nice but my C141 is better looking with 8 forward speeds.   If all the Deere guys were after Wheel Horse tractors, there would be a scarcity for WH enthusiasts.  Some like vanilla, some chocolate, some pistachio, etc.   I find all brands of tractors interesting as the designers took different approaches.   Enjoy the variety.....

You're going to need tougher skin around here newbie.  We don't need no P.C. Police.  :ychain:

• Like 4

TDF5G
1 hour ago, WHX61/3 said:

We don't trash any body's brand of tractor here but we do dole out our share of good natured ribbing!

:text-yeahthat:  It's all in good fun! 

• Like 4