Bobie01

should it fit? Tiller help

Bobie01

Hello. 
I'm a proud owner of a Raider 10. Now Somebody offered me a Tiller for 200 Euro.
My questions are:

Will it fit? The bracket for the axle is include
What else is missing?
What size of beld does i need to buy?

What I have to check if I m buying it?
I know that I have to fabricate e lever cable an the pulleys which are under the tractor.

6c9d6048115bc4a1bfdc9f1e5791a0daaf17ee9c.jpg

86235e0efb1b795d86037b2040335895b22a5006 (1).jpg

b6d699d32df13373f633430f0a8aa9eb8e50a608.jpg

• Like 3

gwest_ca

What is the model number and serial number on the aluminum tag hanging off the front in the 2nd photo?

Garry

• Like 1

Phatboy

And i have the pully set up that connects to middle attachamatic on a 3-4-500 series i dont know if its the same one for yours if ya want me to post a pic let me know i will,,

Bobie01

I don't know, I will ask the owner... The tiller is 160 km far away, one travel. The owner says it's from a Horizontal shaft Wheel Horse. The logo is round about 67 when I m right...

C-101plowerpower

the idler pulley isn't on the photo's and as for the belt, the serial and model number on it wil help get the manual for it. i believe belt size is in there

gwest_ca

A wild guess at what you need not knowing the model number of your tractor. Does it have 3 forward speeds or 6 forward speeds? The tines show little wear.

Garry

Bobie01

My Raider 10 is a 6+2 speed unidrive. Tillers are not that common im my region ... I think i have to buy it...

Racinbob

I believe what you have is the 7-1211 (no idler pulley on the tiller frame). Can you get a picture of the axle bracket (will have an idler pulley)? The drive set up is different than the newer models. It's a 2 belt set-up and has another pulley that attaches just in front of the transmission. The foot rest has to be moved out to clear to clear it. All in all it was a pain to mount. If I'm right you can convert it to the later 1 belt drive and not have to move the foot rest out and eliminate the idler in front of the transmission. With the later style you had to remove the rear hitches. With the older tiller you don't. Another plus. I had a piece of bar stock connected to the tiller with a short chain. Once mounted I just slipped the bar in the slot hitch and was good to go. On the down side. The axle bracket for the 7-1211 wouldn't accept a snow blade so you'd have to do seasonal changes there. That didn't matter to me since the C-160 that I tilled with had the blower in the winter. The GT-1100 used the blade. :)

Edited by Racinbob

Bobie01

the owner send me a pic of this. Anyway A have to build something because the seller don't have the pully set anymore, he sold it whit the tractor. I have to convert it but that will be no problem ;)

20160406_184736.jpg

• Like 1

Racinbob

That's the bracket I had with my 1-1211 tiller. Forget the pulley set-up that mounted on front of the transmission (figures 2,3 & 4 in the 1-1211 manual). Get the idler assembly for the later style tiller (figures 3 & 3a in the 7-1251 manual or this pic).

tiller pulley.jpg

I have no clue what the belt length was so you'll have to determine that. I don't remember but I'm pretty sure it was different than the 1599 belt used on the 7-1251 tiller but maybe not. I liked this 'old/new' combo better that either the older style or the newer.

I think I see the tag with the model # on it. Check it out. That tiller is in excellent condition. The tines look hardly used. :)

• Like 1

Bobie01

The problem is I m from Luxembourg, Europe, here are not many tillers an no used parts for. But I have a lathe a grinder and a welder... I will make this work ;) But the owner doesn t answer...

Bobie01

Tiller is sold... but not to me...