Mike_W

Tankman

Looks great! :handgestures-thumbupright:

How are you going to use the Horse?

Mike_W

I've not seen the sheetmetal foot rest on other 876's I've seen photos of, are they aftermarket?

Also, my throttle creeps closed, is there a method so it's static where you pull it to?

• Like 2

Amcwheel85

That's a very nice looking horse! 

• Like 1

Aldon

Some of the older throttles would lock if you turn knob clockwise a bit.

• Like 1

Mike_W
3 minutes ago, Aldon said:

Some of the older throttles would lock if you turn knob clockwise a bit.

Tried to twist, don't think this one does. thanks

stevasaurus

I think someone has done some fabrication...like the running boards.  My 876 does not have the running boards and has a control by the left rear tire to engage the hydro.  Yours seems to have some hydraulics mounted on the left side.  :)  Your throttle would have an arrow showing how to lock it if that is what you have.  I happen to have a "T" throttle on mine...it is not supposed to be there to be correct.

2014_0707extra0003.JPG

2014_0707extra0004.JPG2014_0707extra0007.JPG

2014_0707extra0008.JPG

• Like 4

Mike_W

The hydraulic lift levers were perhaps added, I have the manual for "Wheel horse Hydraulic Unit HY-6" and it shows the removal of the lift lever and installation of the hydraulic levers.

I see a twist lock throttle unit on ebay for a Ranger, I might pick that up.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Make sure it is long enough for your short frame.  I think Jeep also had those throttles...NAPA carries them.  They really do not work that great...it might be better to take a piece of doll rod the length you need for full throttle and cut a groove down the length to slip over the shaft of the cable.  :)

• Like 2

953 nut
3 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

doll rod the length you need for full throttle and cut a groove down the length to slip over the shaft of the cable.

I have done this with a scrap piece of 1/2" PEX plumbing plastic pipe. You can pick up a scrap piece at any construction site or plumber shop; and it is FREE!

• Like 2

Mike_W

Thanks, that would work, ideally I'd like the throttle to stick where I pull it throughout the range, maybe I can ever so slightly crimp the cable carrier near the the throttle handle. I notice the seller sprayed WD40 or something the length of it, probably was fine before that.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Lowes and Home Depot have a mini-vise-grip in their $1 box usually.  it is about 3 or 4" long...I use this on my 702 throttle.  :)

Ya know Mike...being in fort Wayne, why don't you come to the Mentone Swap Meet...end of April  I'm sure you can find the throttle cable there and also meet some of the members from here on Red Square.  :)

• Like 5

squonk

My 704 throttle still locks like it should.! :banana-jumprope:

• Like 2

Mike_W

Hydraulic Levers Manual

y3mY7ZapDNcYTK1uv4UjBcBVWckicf3SqamcS8sk

y3mCE8Q9YyopXj6EWVvI5dF1Anz1QDnVX9oSE5i-

y3mZddBfg5-jX0aK-IYt84KYg6s0EekXBqQjQcpu

• Like 6

stevasaurus

Mike, we have a place on site for those brochure pictures.  Go to the "Reference Section" on the main page...click on "Manuals"...scroll down to "Brochures" and start a thread and put your pictures in there.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Also, if @gwest_ca does not have that manual...he would be interested.  Thanks.

• Like 5

Mike_W
7 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

Mike, we have a place on site for those brochure pictures.  Go to the "Reference Section" on the main page...click on "Manuals"...scroll down to "Brochures" and start a thread and put your pictures in there.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Do I need to convert to PDF file first? I don't see any threads with just pics there, thanks

wallfish

You can stiffen up the push pull type controls by bending the conduit with the cable in it. The cable stays bent and causes friction on the inside of the conduit. Takes a little trial and error to get it right because you don't want to do too much bending or you can't move the knob or it moves very hard. You can also pull out the cable and put a bend into it and replace into the conduit but sometimes it's difficult to get it back through all the way.

• Like 2

russellmc301

looks like a good looking horse

• Like 1

Mike_W

LOL, good to know my cable isn't the only one with creep. I'll try the cable kink and if not I'll add a lever like Stevasaurus did.

857 horse

I juss wanna know about Squonk's Banana dancer,,,,,,and i think the cloths line clips look like they work great....loose one?? cheep to replace.

!!!!

• Like 2

briankd

guess im not the only one that had vise grip clamped on throttle cable to keep it stay put. small vise grips work really well

• Like 2

Mike_W

also, I'm missing the Hydro pump fan shroud, hard to reach in for the parking brake without one. If anyone has a line on one? Nothing on ebay..

Achto

Nice tractor! psep.biz has replacement locking cables that work good. I have one on my 1076 that I'm happy with. Part # ROT 9135. If you can't find a fan shroud I could send you the dimensions of mine. It would be easy to make out of some perforated metal. Your running boards look like they came off of a newer model short frame wheel horse. 

Edited by achto
  • Like 3