dells68

Can't leave well enough alone!

AlwaysLookin80

Looks good, no need to stop. You'll be happy when it's done.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Absolutely first class.

Glenn

• Like 1

Phatboy

Boy is that a pretty looking machine !! Buddy you did a terrific job !!!

Tankman

I'm sure the new owner, he looks ready to go sittin' on his new Horse, approves and appreciates your work. However, he needs it done quickly!

Don't disappoint him! :handgestures-thumbupright:

You infected the new owner with your sickness, Wheel Horse Addiction.

The three of y'all look like Cowboys. :ROTF:

The Deere owners are green with envy!

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

What ever you do...   :handgestures-thumbsup:

stay sick, and don't go to the doctor. 

• Like 1

dells68

Thanks guys.  Emory came down last night and looked at it as I was putting the head back on and his comment was "That looks awesome!"  Doesn't take much to make him happy, but that meant the world to meB).  Amazing what the love of a child does for your heart!  I'll try to get another better pic when I can pull it outside later this week.  I wish I had the whole thing looking like the motor, but I have to do things a little at a time.  I'd like to have it finished in time for the big show:banana-dreads:

• Like 3

Retired Wrencher

dells68    There nothing better than having  three generations of Wheel Horse owners. I am sure Emory will pass it on when it is his turn. Enjoy the project.

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

Looks great. Your doing a very nice job.

• Like 1

dells68

Emory has two suburbans of his own that I've fixed for him, but he already says he thinks he wants this one;).  I bought it to make as a worker for myself, but he's just like I was - if it's mechanical and cool he tries to claim it all for himself!  Guess we'll just have to share:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

elliot ness

Looking Good !

• Like 1

DougC
4 hours ago, dells68 said:

Emory has two suburbans of his own that I've fixed for him, but he already says he thinks he wants this one;).  I bought it to make as a worker for myself, but he's just like I was - if it's mechanical and cool he tries to claim it all for himself!  Guess we'll just have to share:handgestures-thumbupright:

All you have to do is buy another one so you each have one all your own......:lol:

• Like 1

dells68

Well...he was wanting me to work on my parts GT.. I'm trying to fit a 13 hp predator on it.  Here's to hoping the hydro is good!

• Like 1

Aldon
5 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Well...he was wanting me to work on my parts GT.. I'm trying to fit a 13 hp predator on it.  Here's to hoping the hydro is good!

By parts GT, are you referring to the second GT14 in the pic? Did you already hve the 13 hp predator or was that a concious  choice over the 20 hp model?

I look forward to seeing the finished project. 

Edited by Aldon

Daddy Don

Looking good. Pics when finished.

dells68

Aldon, the 13 was a conscious choice sine it has its own fuel tank.  I had to pull the original tank for space.  The 22 hp would have fit size wise, but would have needed an external gas tank.  Couldn't decide where to put one, plus I couldn't afford the 22 on my budget.  Yup the other tractor in the pic is getting the predator.  I'll post some pics when I get it mounted and let you know how it works.  Certainly is a hood full:text-lol:

• Like 1

Aldon

Good to know.

i have thought of a Predator repower.

based on what your observations are, if I want to go with a 22Hp, I will need to extend the frame rails....

dells68

but you'd need to find somewhere to mount the fuel tank.  I'd thought about making or having one made that would look like a weight set on the front if I had gone the 22 route.  I'll try to get some pics and post them tomorrow if I get home in time tonight.

dells68

Well, I played mounting the 13.  If the pulley would have lined up, it would fit nicely between the hood braces.  Buttt...I'm going to have to raise it 1" and scoot it to the left about 1 1/2".  Now, do I want to modify the brace and trim the hood, or do I want to raise the grille and dash about 2"?  Also, I've got an adapter sleeve for the crank - just haven't put it in yet.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

Aldon

That 13hp does fill up the space doesn't it. Looks challenging for sure. 

So so if I understand correctly, to center it makes the drive pulley sit too far to right side. True? If so, no help for it but to move engine to left. Unless pulley could be installed closer to engine. Is ther space if you use larger ID pulley?

As for raising it an inch, why? I am not able to work that out from the pics. Would it clear hood if you slide it to left if you did not raise it?

I I imagine that you could disconnect the fuel tank and install it remote with fuel line. 

Not sure if you can similarly mount air cleaner differently.

953 nut

I seem to remember a re-power post not too long ago where the hood side had to be modified like this, think they used a piece of 3" EMT electric conduit to make the bump-out. Not sure, but that is my recollection.

dells68

Yup, it has to slide left to get the pulley to line up.  I had to raise it an inch to get the belt to run correctly in the belt guard.  K321 has a crank centerline about 6.5" above the frame and the predator is about 5.5".  I wonder now that you mention it, if I could make a relocation bracket that would slide the tank right and still keep it engine mounted?  But that leaves me with the air cleaner.  When you pull off the plastic cover, there is a paper canister filter with a foam prefilter, so I'm hesitant to leave the cover off.  I know the go cart guys use a different filter on the 6.5hp version.  Wonder if there is a different filter for the 13?  I'd prefer not to cut the hood unless I have to just in case I want to put a Kohler back.

• Like 3

Aldon

You could make a fiberglass mold of the hood, then modify the mold. Then make a fiberglass hood thereby saving hood for possible reverse retrofit later. A lot of work though....but a cool project.

If you need a spare horizontal support bar, I can bring you one to show or send one...

dells68

Thanks Aldon!  I'm not in a hurry with this project, as I have my good GT I'm working on too.  I just finished the wiring on it and plan to try to fire it tomorrow evening if I can.  At least I have power everywhere it is supposed to be - I think (checked with my multimeter).  I was trolling a little while ago and see that there are several mod parts for this engine.  I'm not crazy about the air cleaners though.  You can even get a pull start delete plate.  It would be cool to take this idea and have one made with a wheel horse logo (anybody feeling froggy?).  I may try to move the gas tank inboard and modify the air cleaner somehow.  Oh well, been a long time since 5:30 this morning, time for some shut eye!

image.jpg

• Like 2

Aldon

I would have to sit across from my project tractor but I would probably try lowering the engine even if I have to cut weld the frame to save the hood and clean lines...if possible.

I am thinking that it might be plausible to install a flat idler pulley nearer to engine on the upright frame piece to allow belt to navigate appropriately to avoid impacting belt guard and allow engine to be lower. If it negatively impacts hydro operation, it is less intrusive and easy to pull back off and go with more intrusive plan.

i made a sketch. I know:-) I am no draftsman. Lol

image.jpeg

• Like 1