Klockwork

C-161 at Bucks Cricket Club

Klockwork

Hi,

Just bought this to cut the outfield at a village cricket club in Buckinghamshire,UK. I'll use the cutting deck for the first few cuts in the spring and then use it to tow some gang-mowers when the ground is dry enough.

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me identify the exact model of this mower, the identification plate appears to be missing. It might be  1976 '61-16K804' but it would be great if anyone could either confirm or correct this.

The main reason for wanting to know this is that I would like to get a full set of spare belts and need the model number so I can order the correct parts.

Many thanks,

Jamie

$_57.JPG

$_58.JPG

$_59.JPG

$_60.JPG

$_61.JPG

$_62.JPG

$_63.JPG

$_64.JPG

$_65.JPG

$_66.JPG

$_67.JPG

$_68.JPG

2016-03-31 16.09.03.jpg

2016-03-31 16.09.28.jpg

• Like 4

Klockwork

Bit more research, now I'm thinking: 81-16K801, C-161 8-Speed Tractor, 1978

• Like 2

Phatboy

Just look the serial number up on line,,,tell ya everything ya want to know about your individual tractor

• Like 1

slammer302

I can see the identification plate under the dash in the forth pic. 

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Kohler built serial 9664581 in 1979 so the tractor should be a 1979 model using 91-16K801 model number. Was likely made in Belgium.

Kohler build dates are in the front of the Kohler service manual.

Interested in knowing what is on the ID plate. Should have model number, serial number and 4-digit Julian build date.

Garry

953 nut

:text-welcomeconfetti:  The K341AS71246A was used on the 1978 C-161 which is Model 16K 801.  Looks like a very well kept :wh:

:WRS:

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Retired Sparky

Hello and :text-welcomeconfetti: TO :rs:  It's a nice looking tractor for it's age.

Edited by Retired Sparky

AMC RULES

KC9KAS

Klockwork
7 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Kohler built serial 9664581 in 1979 so the tractor should be a 1979 model using 91-16K801 model number. Was likely made in Belgium.

Kohler build dates are in the front of the Kohler service manual.

Interested in knowing what is on the ID plate. Should have model number, serial number and 4-digit Julian build date.

Garry

Thanks Gary,

There don't seem to be any differences between the'78 and '79 models, fortunately!

meadowfield

Hi, welcome to RS, has the ID plate been painted over? It's on the front left corner of the hood stand below where your solenoid is mounted. My money is on it being a 91- model...

enjoy!

Klockwork
On 02/04/2016 at 7:25 AM, meadowfield said:

Hi, welcome to RS, has the ID plate been painted over? It's on the front left corner of the hood stand below where your solenoid is mounted. My money is on it being a 91- model...

enjoy!

I think this might be where it was.

Based on reply earlier regarding Kohler engine number I think you're probably right, 91 -16K801.

I ordered a new cutting deck/pto drive belt based on that and it fitted OK.

2016-04-03 14.05.31.jpg

Towing the gangs. Ground still a bit soft but concept proved.

Would be nice if it was a bit faster in high/3rd gear, has anyone tried changing the main drive pulley diameters to increase speed?

2016-04-03 13.18.36.jpg

wallfish

I have changed/added pulleys to adjust speed up to 37 MPH +. Either go bigger on the engine pulley or smaller on the trans pulley. Hydro powered tractors use a larger engine drive pulley and you'll need one to attach the PTO back on. But I find it much easier to just change the trans pulley to a smaller diameter because you can play around with different sizes to get the right speed. Trans pulley is a 5/8" bore. You'll also need to change the belt accordingly which ever way you decide to go.

Stigian

Welcome to RS, I have to say that a C-161 is a real classy way of cutting the cricket pitch lawn :thumbs:

callum12

hello and welcome,

I too live in a village in bucks, westcott, where are you if you don't mine me asking? 

I love to look of a WH with gang mower! 

Callum 

Sparky

Nice late 70's C series!

Mike.....