BPjunk

1968 500 Special

BPjunk

A commemerative Wheel Horse model for the Indianapolis 500 car race. The engine is a recoil only start Tecumseh model H-60, three speed Uni-Drive, 6x12 rear tires.

Bill in Richmond, Va.

whfan74

My son's 500 Special......

post-919-0-60339900-1421252810_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

AMC RULES
My 500 Special, gifted to me from the Jersey Hawg 9/11/15...never forget. 
20150911_155235.thumb.jpg.d86096486bc76b2015-09-11_001_012.thumb.JPG.d74761a295e2015-09-12_001_002.thumb.JPG.a720b71e18d2015-09-12_001_001.thumb.JPG.27009f03983
  • Like 7

• Similar Content

• BrianKoch
      By BrianKoch
      Hello gentleman, 

Problem: will not crank on its own, will crank with jump box—but still not fire

Recent things I did prior to this issue: cleaned fuel filter, replaced battery cables, replaced cable from ignition to starter

I have my test light out and am probing around. 

There is no power at ignition/magneto wire or the ignition/starter wire

There is power everywhere else

• Ed Kennell
      By Ed Kennell
      The 520H snow blower project is finished waiting for snow and the MTD 700 is cleaned and oiled and actually mowed the lawn Sat.

So, today was the Commando's turn.

This I what I started with.  It actually runs and drives.

After about 2 hours, I had this.

An hour later

Some of the crud I found

Wonder how long it's been since this horse saw some maintenance. Hard to believe it could actually run in this condition.

• Carpenter
      By Carpenter
      I purchased this wheel horse a year or so ago from the original owner. It had been sitting for years with gas in the tank. Thanks to the wealth of information and input from users on the forum I was able to bring her back to life. It is really satisfying to hear it running strong after almost 50 years.