SylvanLakeWH

New Power Plug for the C 105

SylvanLakeWH

Decided to add a power plug to the C 105 so I can hook up chargers, spotlight, etc. as well as my portable flashing beacon for night time plowing. My son drives on neighborhood streets to a couple of his plow jobs so flashers are good!

Tucked in real nice, out of the weather, and works like a champ!

IMG_0573.JPG

IMG_0574.JPG

IMG_0575.JPG

• Like 7

elcamino/wheelhorse

Like the battery hold down did that come as standard equipment or did you have to pay extra ? Power plug is a good idea. May install one on worker for snow.

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH
14 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Like the battery hold down did that come as standard equipment or did you have to pay extra ? Power plug is a good idea. May install one on worker for snow.

It was WH special order part No.001BUNgee-cheap001... Unfortunately, can't seem to find them anywhere but the dollar store...:ychain:

I think my kid likes the power port because he can keep his iPhone charged while plowing / mowing - keeps the tunes coming...

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 5

Phatboy
6 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

That tie down was a "DELUXE" option....:ROTF:

• Like 2

squonk

I use these plugs on all my tractors. A little more weatherproof and a more secure connection. I just install one half of the plug on whatever I want connected. Tenders, defrosters, lights, microwave ect. I also use the flat black rubber bungees instead of the corded ones. Corded ones get a bit chafed after a while! :) :teasing-poke:

plug.jpg.17e4c244097bb28cb9435aa73d4f96d

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH
16 minutes ago, squonk said:

I use these plugs on all my tractors. A little more weatherproof and a more secure connection. I just install one half of the plug on whatever I want connected. Tenders, defrosters, lights, microwave ect. I also use the flat black rubber bungees instead of the corded ones. Corded ones get a bit chafed after a while! :) :teasing-poke:

plug.jpg.17e4c244097bb28cb9435aa73d4f96d

Good idea (better than mine! But I had the power port already and being shall we say - cheap - I liked it as the preferred option...)...OOOOHHHH...But wait, the kids iPhone doesn't use that connector and...what's a kid to do out there mowing / plowing when they lose juice and the tunes stop..and then they can't text...or check snapchat...or instagram...or post a picture to Redsquare...or...:ychain:

• Like 5

tunahead72
11 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

IMG_0573.JPG

Just woke up here, so I may be seeing things (again), but it looks like your battery is installed the reverse of what I'm used to seeing on my own tractors.  Yours has the positive terminal on the left (in this photo) and the negative on the right, mine are the opposite.  Just wondering, any particular reason?

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH
5 minutes ago, tunahead72 said:

Just woke up here, so I may be seeing things (again), but it looks like your battery is installed the reverse of what I'm used to seeing on my own tractors.  Yours has the positive terminal on the left (in this photo) and the negative on the right, mine are the opposite.  Just wondering, any particular reason?

Come to think of it, me thinks you are correct. Nope - no reason...Came that way from PO and never thought about it. Don't think it matters does it? I do have red to red and black to black so at least give me some credit!!!:) As I am fond of telling my kids - "Your Dad ain't the brightest bulb in the chandelier..."

• Like 1

squonk

I tell everyone I'm as bright as a burned out light bulb in a bat cave! :lol:

• Like 2

Retired Sparky

13 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

13 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I put this on my tractor 4 yrs. ago. DSC02607.JPG.ea388b9eee525526a5d943f16da

It has it's own power source behind the seat.  I found the strobe was affected by the ignition pulse. The faster the engine would run the faster the strobe would flash. So independent power. The batt. is seven yrs. old so I just put it on a trickle charge every night.

• Like 2

tunahead72
16 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Come to think of it, me thinks you are correct. Nope - no reason...Came that way from PO and never thought about it. Don't think it matters does it? I do have red to red and black to black so at least give me some credit!!!:) As I am fond of telling my kids - "Your Dad ain't the brightest bulb in the chandelier..."

I think you're right, it probably doesn't matter, as long as you have the cables hooked up correctly, which you do.  It looks like your positive cable is a good bit longer than it would be the other way, but I suspect the PO had what sounded like a good reason at the time. :)

• Like 1

Save Old Iron
16 hours ago, Retired Sparky said:

It has it's own power source behind the seat.  I found the strobe was affected by the ignition pulse. The faster the engine would run the faster the strobe would flash. So independent power.

if you search the electrical forum, i posted a simple fix for this issue - maybe 2or 3 years ago. a simple process of inserting a capacitor across the flasher power line near the flasher body. the long power lines are acting as antenna and picking up ignition pulses from the spark plug wires.

• Like 2

Save Old Iron
18 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Don't think it matters does it?

only if you use a metal battery hold down. the offset [front to back] of the terminals requires the battery be oriented properly so the hold down would not touch and short out the battery terminals to chassis

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH
4 hours ago, Save Old Iron said:

only if you use a metal battery hold down. the offset [front to back] of the terminals requires the battery be oriented properly so the hold down would not touch and short out the battery terminals to chassis

Never knew or thought of that! Thanks!

Of course, with my special, optional, deluxe Bungee Cord hold down I think I'm safe from shorting out...:)

• Like 1