grnlark

Let's See The Snowco's

elcamino/wheelhorse

That is a great find. It looks to be in good shape.

• Like 2

russellmc301

doesn't lane have one, i saw a picture of a horse on a what looked like a showco trailer

CasualObserver

Nice trailer Matt.  SnowCo trailers are kind of hard to come by. Seems most people who have them nowadays are collectors who don't want to let them go. Definitely different duty grades of trailer too depending on whether it's a snowmobile trailer or a garden tractor trailer.

This one lived here for several years. I never got around to restoring it and sold it to another collector back in 2014.  Built by SnowCo, but badged as Wheel Horse. This is the two place Snowmobile trailer (Wheel Horse model 9-0511 and SnowCo model 863)   To date this is still the only two place Wheel Horse snowmobile trailer that has been found that I know of, and I spent several years looking for it before dumb luck brought it my way. I used it for several years to haul a tractor or two to some local shows.

snowmobiletrailer-01.jpg

snowmobiletrailer-02.jpg

snowmobiletrailer-03.jpg

snowmobiletrailer-04.jpg

snowmobiletrailer-05.jpg

snowmobiletrailer-06.jpg

snowmobiletrailer-07.jpg

snowmobiletrailer-08.jpg

snowmobiletrailer-09.jpg

snowmobiletrailer-10.jpg

snowmobiletrailer-11.jpg

• Like 7

AMC RULES

Did they all come from the factory with the air dams on the front...

or, was that an optional add on/addition?   :scratchead:

grnlark
15 minutes ago, CasualObserver said:

Nice trailer Matt.  SnowCo trailers are kind of hard to come by. Seems most people who have them nowadays are collectors who don't want to let them go. Definitely different duty grades of trailer too depending on whether it's a snowmobile trailer or a garden tractor trailer.

This one lived here for several years. I never got around to restoring it and sold it to another collector back in 2014.  Built by SnowCo, but badged as Wheel Horse. This is the two place Snowmobile trailer (Wheel Horse model 9-0511 and SnowCo model 863)   To date this is still the only two place Wheel Horse snowmobile trailer that has been found that I know of, and I spent several years looking for it before dumb luck brought it my way. I used it for several years to haul a tractor or two to some local shows.

The center pivot ones I'm told are super rare. 

8 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Did they all come from the factory with the air dams on the front...

or, was that an optional add on/addition?   :scratchead:

To the bestof my knowledge, yes. I'm going to build a new one for mine. 

TDF5G

Those are cool little trailers.  I'm gonna have to start paying attention to trailers when I see them sitting around now!

:text-bravo:

zoiks

I had no idea there was such a following of Snowco trailers.  My grandfather, Ed Elstun started out as an accountant at Snowco, and became the owner until he closed the doors sometime in the late '80's and sold off the product line.  Farmers hadn't been buying things for a several years and the implement side of the business was dead weight and the "lets sue for anything" faze began...actually had to settle a lawsuit with someone who drilled into a power line with a snowco auger and got electrocuted.  He unfortunately passed away this January.  I don't think he knew there were any of his old trailers still out there, let alone sought after...probably wouldn't have tossed out all those old manuals lol!  Would love to see any other pictures anyone has!

• Like 5

CasualObserver

Sorry for your loss. Wish you'd come around sooner! Would have been amazing to get some insight from the former company owner. Lots of SnowCo trailers running around out there... they made boat trailers too.  There was also a trailer like my snowmobile trailer that was for the Allis Chalmers Terra Tiger. It's a pretty rare bird too.  Thanks for popping in and speaking up!

WHX??

Whats with the W H tag on it with Des Moines location Jason?

CasualObserver
8 minutes ago, WHX61/3 said:

When Wheel Horse made snowmobiles (late 69-72) The got into the business by purchasing an existing manufacturer. That production was in Des Moines. So, when they added the SnowCo (Snow Corporation) Trailer, they had them badged as if they came from the snowmobile factory in Des Moines.

8 minutes ago, WHX61/3 said:

When Wheel Horse made snowmobiles (late 69-72) The got into the business by purchasing an existing manufacturer. That production was in Des Moines. So, when they added the SnowCo (Snow Company) Trailer, they had them badged as if they came from the snowmobile factory in Des Moines.

snowco.JPG

• Like 1

WHX??

Ahhh...always nice to find out  things I did't know!!!

fast88pu

what are they worth ?